sdhc on ez flash iv

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by udown, Jun 19, 2010.

Jun 19, 2010

sdhc on ez flash iv by udown at 12:30 PM (3,856 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. udown
    OP

Newcomer udown Newbie

United States
    i wanna get an ez flash iv for my gbm for games/music. i just wanna know if it is sdhc compatible. i looked around but i couldn't find anything stating if it is or not. thanks ^^

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    ALL GBA flashcarts predate SDHC. You won't find any that do.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Technically the M3 Perfect (maybe Pro) can use SDHC cards, but only for media files using its own media player program. Won't work for commercial or homebrew files.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    They only have read only for upto 4GB with a hack trick in the firmware. Which is similar to the hardware hack is what made the non-SDHC 4GB available before the SDHC became standard.

RHS still has M3 Pros, if you want to try. The M3 Perfect is not sold anymore, ishopvideogames no longer has them in stock.

It is more or less a little known feature of the M3 perfect not even worth mentioning, it only confuses people who don't know anything about it into thinking it is something it is not.

5. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    There's no point to get an SDHC on an EZ IV. I've got one, 2 GB, and I've only used 1/2 of it.

6. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    Last I checked, nobody used a EZ-Flash IV for music, especially on a GBM. The music capability of the EZ-Flash IV was normally with moonshell and that was using it with a DS. The mp3 player that was available in GBA was sub-par and only supported usually low bitrates to run decently, even then you were still limited to the 32MB rule.

Having a decent mp3 player was always a far better option, considering your talking about tech during 2005-2008.

7. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile

Yes, GBM allows you up to 8000hz or 11250hz so far I remember due to CPU / Ram low power. Having such beauty flashcard as EZ-FLASH IV (also problematic as hell) i´d go all the way for a DS so you can enjoy Moonshell for MP3 playing.

8. udown
    OP

Newcomer udown Newbie

United States
    thanks for the replies guys. well i'm not looking to carry my entire music library with me. i already got moonshell on my ds. if it's not sdhc compatible i can go without holding a whole bunch of songs. i just wanted to know so i know if i need to buy a 2GB card or not. i just wanted to use my micro to play music when i go for a run/workout so i can manage with just a playlist worth of music.

the main thing i'm looking for in a flash card is its gba compatibility and being able to play 32MB games like mother 3 and KH as well as gb/gbc emulation. music isn't as important but i'd like to be able to do what i stated above at least. so between the ez flash iv and the m3 mini pro, which of the two would give me the best balance.

9. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

If you already have moonshell on your DS, you are using a flash cart, right? You can use your DS to emulate GB/GBC. The only thing you'd need the GBA flash cart for would be GBA games themselves. Lameboy is the GB/GBC emulator that works with the DS, and better yet it doesn't have to be in the root of the card. Just make sure that you don't forget to put your files on there ^^'

This is the M3 mini pro - http://www.realhotstuff.com/minisd-professional-p-148.html and there is no GBA support according to the page.

I'm having trouble finding the M3 perfect mini because it's out of print now, but I've heard great things about EZ flash IV and I'm thinking of getting one myself. [​IMG]

http://realhotstuff.com/ezflash-size-p-294.html

Also, be sure that you get a MINI SD card, since they are slightly larger than the MicroSD, and these carts are NOT compatible with MicroSD. You also need a passcard.