SDHC Not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Tanmay, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Tanmay
    OP

Tanmay Banned

Banned
    Jan 17, 2009
    United States
    Hi, I went out to fry's yesterday and bought a 4GB SDHC card for my wii. I got SDHC because I have all NES roms. I formatted it to FAT32 and put it in my wii. It didn't load. I have bootmii, softmii, and the 3.2U menu installed. If I have to upgrade, I'm afraid that I won't be able to use SoftMii. My cousin has a 3.4U and works. Please tell me if I have to upgrade or elsewhise.

2. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    you have to upgrade to 4.0 ......wani rleased an update for it

3. Tanmay
    OP

Tanmay Banned

Banned
    Jan 17, 2009
    United States
    So, do I have to upgrade? Because I think nintendo already released another update higher than 4.0 :L

4. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    Have I read right? ROMs? So you're talking about Emulators, right? Or do you talk about VC/WiiWare?

-If you talk about VC/WiiWare loading from SD, go to Wanins Blog, he has an Updater for 4.0.
    -If you talk about Emulators, make shure the ones you want supports SDHC, and be on the newest HBC. If that don't helps, try to reformat the card to FAT32 (danger: dataloss. Make backup). If that all won't work, your card is incompatible.

Btw: The next cIOS rev14 will bring loading .wads from USB and SD/SDHC, the real way (Nintendo only copies it sloppy to the NAND). Also there are rumors that a new cIOSCORP will be based on the DIP from rev14, which should work on 4.0 (the current one also works on 4.0). Maybe you just wait a week...