SDHC card non-compatible possible reformat???

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by vergilite, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009
  1. vergilite
    OP

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    ok heres the deal i have a sandisk ultra II 4gb sdhc limited edition ducati and its acting up [​IMG]
    every time i try and use wad manager 1.3 i get the ERROR! (ret = -1) yay [​IMG]
    and everytime i try and use it with the official SD channel on the menu it says "The device inserted in the SD Card slot cannot be used"
    i wonder if its just incompatible even though it works with homebrew channel, bootmii, usb loader GX etc etc
    so i think it may be a case of reformatting the card i am on linux so could someone recommend a good SD card formatter at the moment i am using gnome format with no success [​IMG] so could someone recommend me a better one
    also which is the best file system for a wii SD card to be in (fat16, fat32 etc)
    any ideas of what to do would be great thx [​IMG]

EDIT: oh and heres a pic of the SD card [​IMG]

2. jservs7

Member jservs7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    Are you using the latest Homebrew Channel? Whats your System Menu? Do you have Preloader?

My SDHC card was working in HBC 1.3 perfectly, but not in the system menu. I was on 4.0, but forgot about the IOS settings in Preloader. I believe I changed the IOS in the latest Preloader to IOS 60 and everything worked perfectly for me.

Hope you can figure it out.

3. vergilite
    OP

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    thx for the help MUCH LOVE [​IMG] i will change the settings in preloader and see *crosses fingers*

EDIT: i love you jservs7 you saved me yay [​IMG] (now to install some *legal* virtual console games [​IMG] )