Shirohagen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

My SD2VITA appeared to be working fine. I'm running 3.65 Enso on an OLED Vita.

I was having some problems with things which boiled down to plugins not appearing to be working properly, and I realised that my old 'vanilla' config.txt file (with just the Henkaku lines) was still in ux0:tai/ so I deleted it like every SD2VITA guide tells you to, because I had all my plugins listed in ur0:tai/config.txt.

Well, on reboot, I found myself back to stock apps and a reset bubble layout, so I was clearly looking at the Sony Memory Card which has nothing on it. No Vitashell or any of my content etc. Weird.

I could only get back to my SD2VITA content if I held down L on reboot.

So, I reinstated my vanilla ux0:tai/config.txt file and all was well again.

Weird.

At this point I'm very confused as to what's going on. SD2VITA appears to work, but it's booting plugins from itself (ux0:) instead of ur0: If I delete ux0:tai/config.txt then it doesn't automatically seem to use ur0:tai/config.txt and instead just dumps me back to my old Sony MC.

So if I want to install new plugins, should I just do that in the ux0:tai/config.txt from now on? That seems wrong as all the guides say to delete this and use ur0, but clearly the ur0:tai/config.txt wasn't being recognised, despite my SD2VITA working fine (I have a 128gb card with a ton of stuff on it - the Sony MC is empty.)

Obviously I'm not doing something right, does anybody have any ideas?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

My SD2VITA appeared to be working fine. I'm running 3.65 Enso on an OLED Vita.

I was having some problems with things which boiled down to plugins not appearing to be working properly, and I realised that my old 'vanilla' config.txt file (with just the Henkaku lines) was still in ux0:tai/ so I deleted it like every SD2VITA guide tells you to, because I had all my plugins listed in ur0:tai/config.txt.

Well, on reboot, I found myself back to stock apps and a reset bubble layout, so I was clearly looking at the Sony Memory Card which has nothing on it. No Vitashell or any of my content etc. Weird.

I could only get back to my SD2VITA content if I held down L on reboot.

So, I reinstated my vanilla ux0:tai/config.txt file and all was well again.

Weird.

At this point I'm very confused as to what's going on. SD2VITA appears to work, but it's booting plugins from itself (ux0:) instead of ur0: If I delete ux0:tai/config.txt then it doesn't automatically seem to use ur0:tai/config.txt and instead just dumps me back to my old Sony MC.

So if I want to install new plugins, should I just do that in the ux0:tai/config.txt from now on? That seems wrong as all the guides say to delete this and use ur0, but clearly the ur0:tai/config.txt wasn't being recognised, despite my SD2VITA working fine (I have a 128gb card with a ton of stuff on it - the Sony MC is empty.)

Obviously I'm not doing something right, does anybody have any ideas?

Possibly a conflicting plugin on ur0:tai, also you need those henkaku lines on config.txt in ur0 if you don't already have them.

Shirohagen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. This is my ur0:tai/config.txt

Code:
# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
ur0:tai/custom_warning.suprx
ur0:tai/download_enabler.suprx
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And this is the ux0:tai/config.txt which is being used by the Vita rather than ur0
Code:
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

Last edited by Shirohagen,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Ok, so 2 things:

1- This ux0 config posted, is that the one on the SD2Vita, or Sony memory card? You need to make sure you didn’t delete it from one of them and kept the other one. Please confirm of all 3 places, where does the config exist

2- post storagemgr config

Also, this might be obvious, but just to confirm, all those plugins ARE in ur0 folder right?

Shirohagen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Thanks for the pointers, they've really helped. I'm back up and running now, but it still doesn't seem right.

I # commented out the plugins in the ur0:tai/config.txt and then rebooted. Everything worked fine, so I deleted the tai folder in ux0.

Still everything worked fine, so I reintroduced the plugins one by one and found that the culprit was the download enabler plugin. I recalled I didn't install that through EasyPlugin like the others, so I figured it was dodgy somehow. I deleted that and it all seems to be working now.

Except for the fact that the Vita is confused by the presence of my empty Sony Memory Card. If it is inserted I get into an endless reformatting and rebooting loop, so I've taken it out.

That doesn't seem right either though, so I was wondering about you asking about my storage manager config...

My ur0:tai/storage_config.txt was...

Code:
MCD=uma0
GCD=ux0

I wanted to have GCD (SD2VITA) as ux0 and the Sony Memory Card (MCD) as optional extra space, but didn't;t know how to specify internal storage or what to do with UMA.

Perhaps my file should have had all 4 lines. So, I tried it like this:

Code:
MCD=uma0
INT=ur0
UMA=grw0
GCD=ux0

But to no avail. Still, everything is as expected unless I insert the memory card. I guess I don't need it, but it's very strange.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you need to get rid of the config in ux0:tai, and only use ur0:tai, as for how to get it to work, use the Sony memory card as your ux0 first, then copy everything in ux0 to the SD2vita, and change the config in the storage manager to sd2vita.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Well you need to get rid of the config in ux0:tai, and only use ur0:tai, as for how to get it to work, use the Sony memory card as your ux0 first, then copy everything in ux0 to the SD2vita, and change the config in the storage manager to sd2vita.
He already did this in his OP. But to quote myself:
This ux0 config posted, is that the one on the SD2Vita, or Sony memory card? You need to make sure you didn’t delete it from one of them and kept the other one. Please confirm of all 3 places, where does the config exist
@Shirohagen
You need to confirm this. In your OP you said you realized at one point you had to delete tai from ux0. That makes it sound you deleted it from sd2vita only. You need to remove it from sony memory as well and only leave the one in ur0
Except for the fact that the Vita is confused by the presence of my empty Sony Memory Card. If it is inserted I get into an endless reformatting and rebooting loop, so I've taken it out.
This strengthens my suspicions

As for storagemgr config, post it like this:
MCD=uma0
INT=imc0
GCD=ux0
UMA=grw0

ur0 is not a mount point. It's part of the system that's already mounted (which is why you can access it)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Perhaps the SD2vita doesn't work, usually you would get a green light if the setting is correct and the soldering work is good.
This isnt the case since he gets it to work under certain conditions.
And FYI, he has oled, which is orange not green :)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
lol my fault I do meant that he would get a light if the Sd2vita work. Personally I would use a PSVSD if he has a 3G model.
That doesn’t solve anything. It’s just a workaround (and would cost more money to buy one). Besides, it still probably won’t work if there is a config conflict

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn’t solve anything. It’s just a workaround (and would cost more money to buy one). Besides, it still probably won’t work if there is a config conflict

Well only line from his config looks fishy to me is the custom_warning part, if he had a config on the ux0 partition then it aint gonna use the config in the ur0, like what I pointed out he needs to boot up with the sony memory card as ux0, and copy his ux0 file off to the micro sd then change the config point ux0 to gamecard slot if he is using Sd2vita, it should work with Storagemgr since it default setting is the gamecard slot. I would wonder if either he didnt delete the config file, if he didnt copy the file over, or if he just got one with poor soldering work.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Well only line from his config looks fishy to me is the custom_warning part, if he had a config on the ux0 partition then it aint gonna use the config in the ur0, like what I pointed out he needs to boot up with the sony memory card as ux0, and copy his ux0 file off to the micro sd then change the config point ux0 to gamecard slot if he is using Sd2vita, it should work with Storagemgr since it default setting is the gamecard slot. I would wonder if either he didnt delete the config file, if he didnt copy the file over, or if he just got one with poor soldering work.
He already did all of this.. What we don't know is whether he deleted BOTH config files from sony memory AND sd2vita. Only then we can establish that the only copy is the one in ur0.

Poor soldering work and stuff is highly unlikely due to it working under certain conditions. It's not random conditions.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He already did all of this.. What we don't know is whether he deleted BOTH config files from sony memory AND sd2vita. Only then we can establish that the only copy is the one in ur0.

Poor soldering work and stuff is highly unlikely due to it working under certain conditions. It's not random conditions.

Look like it is his plugins, something is causing it to loop.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I assume there is a config on the ux0 partition, I wonder if he used a plugin for 3.60 instead of 3.65?
He's probably fine plugin wise.
My gut feeling is that he deleted the one on his NEW ux0 (which is sd2vita) and did not delete the one on his OLD ux0 (now uma0, which is sony memory), which is wrong.

In any case, until he actually sticks around, and gives us this information, there is no way we can figure it out from just the above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/