SD2Vita used to work on 3.68 having trouble on 3.70

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SeanTy16, May 15, 2019.

1. SeanTy16
    OP

SeanTy16 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Philippines
    My Vita was on 3.68 last year and I used sd2vita with it, was working fine until my trouble maker cousin formatted the internal memory of my Vita. So I had to update to 3.70 to access my memory card tried everything including storagemanager and TF card plugin, any fixes?

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Downgrade to 3.60

3. SeanTy16
    OP

SeanTy16 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Philippines
    Is there no other way? I think I can just downgrade to 3.68 'cause theFlow said that the trinity hack works in 3.65-3.70 so I'll just do that.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks though.

4. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Shit will work and 3.60 is the sweet spot

5. dubsmachine

dubsmachine Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2017
    Germany
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Why 3.60 and not 3.65 ?
    I downgraded from 3.68 to 3.65 with Moduru so just wondering.

6. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    Mainly because installing Henkaku via the browser exploit on 3.60 is much easier than doing it via the h-encore app on 3.65, because that involves a much longer process using QCMA to get the app onto the Vita. Also I believe there's some homebrew that doesn't work on 3.65, although I can't think of an example off the top of my head.
    Personally, I always go for 3.65 because I have a couple of official memory cards with h-encore already on them, so I never have to go through the QCMA process again and it's even simpler to just put one of the cards in and click on the h-encore icon than it is to go via the browser, plus I get a little more native compatibility for games, but I do understand why people go for 3.60.

7. Xuntix

Xuntix Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2019
    Canada
    Did it work downgrading to 3.60?? Have the same problem with 3.70 using Trinity help pleaseee...

8. RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2018
    Japan
    Millenium Castle Brunestud
    If you updates to 3.70 (for whatever reason), the previous exploits won't work (like H-encore). This should be obvious.
    Trinity is technically only for using Modoru and downgrading to a previous FW where said exploits do work.

As long as you haven't formatted anything on your SD2Vita and/or Vita memory card, your files are still there. You just need to be able to run the respective plugins/homebrew. Once you downgrade and setup your config.txt everything should pop up again after a refresh.