Hacking SD2Vita unlinked for downgrading again, back to step 0

Tur7L3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So if you search how to downgrade if you already have an SD2Vita set up, one of the first results is a subrredit with multiple people telling to unlink before taking the opening modoru step.

At my luck, everything related to hacking after I did so didn't appear when turning off and on the Vita as the people there said, while it clearly was in the Sony Official Memory Card. (maybe I had to uninstall the plugin that makes the Vita recognize it instead of renaming the tai folder everywhere? probably)

Screw if that could have gotten fixed because I formated it, because I was trying to reinstall h-encore (I'm still on 3.65 and was trying to downgrade to 3.60 before) and then Vitashell but the Vita kept saying there wasn't any memory card there when connecting to the PC. After formatting it, it is recognized by the Vita and I could get h-encore but can't install Vitashell now, I get this

Downloading Vitashell...
Downloading eboot.bin
Failed 0x80431068

I tried the other method for installing Vitashell which is very similar to installing h-encore, via USB, but the file I get in the Vita is only about 4KB or so, and it automatically says something like "You can only transfer back your own data"

So what do I do? I still have all my data in the micro SD card, and I was planning on getting it all fixed before Monday when I'm going on a trip, but I know SD2Vita, rehacking and not being able to get Vitashell installed can be a delicated thing to do, so I wanted to ask for help first, ik I was too dumb but anyways hope you guys can help quickly
(mind you I had enso installed)

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: NeoGranzon

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you don't do that you can physically delete the file after downgrading. I accidentally did that myself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you don't, it will force a format.

Tur7L3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Even if you don't do that you can physically delete the file after downgrading. I accidentally did that myself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you don't, it will force a format.

Maybe I'm not getting the situation, but I couldn't downgrade if that worried you, I changed the name to the tai folder and then everything went wrong, are you talking about the Sony Memory Card that actually is being recognize by the Vita right now? I know I have to unlink the SD2Vita before actually downgrading when I get to it tho, I probably just had to uninstall the plugin rather than renaming the folder tho if that's also what you mean

Try this might save you a bunch of time...

https://github.com/theheroGAC/Mod-My-vita/releases

For more information read this

https://www.psx-place.com/resources/mod-my-vita.1120/

But I did a vita using this tool & it was easy simple & quick... Keep your Sd2vita inside while you install the vpk
All credits goto theheroGAC! A legend

I'll check that out when I have the time, glad it worked to you, I still gotta make sure it's alm safe considering my Vita's told situation

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't rename the tai folder. to disable plugins, just hold L at boot. modoru won't go through unless plugins are disabled. I was using yamt lite at the time, so sd2vita was part of enso. I don't know if you'll have problems using storage manager or whatever it is you're using in the config.txt file. yamt lite isn't a part of that. it's part of the boot_config.txt which is what loads for enso itself. it's faster than any other driver for sd2vita for that reason I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1