Hacking SD2Vita not recognized & no Vita Shell

dibiase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue starts a few years ago. I bought a Vita that was fully jailbroken and loaded 3 years ago. It worked as it should for about 6-8 months. At some point I must have done something wrong because everything went to looking like a stock Vita. I tried to mess around with it to figure it out but since I did not hack it in the first place I was lost. I put it on the shelf and it collected dust. I have recently picked it back up and tried to get it back operational.

It has henkaku in the settings but does not recognize the SD2Vita i have and does not have Vita Shell or any other homebrew apps it once had.
It is running 3.60
I originally thought I could just wipe it clean and start over fresh but even that seems impossible.
I tried to follow the "My SD2Vita is having issues" thread but it seems all this did was format my disk and erase everything.

Any help or guidance it's been a long while and I'm feeling extra noobish now.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue starts a few years ago. I bought a Vita that was fully jailbroken and loaded 3 years ago. It worked as it should for about 6-8 months. At some point I must have done something wrong because everything went to looking like a stock Vita. I tried to mess around with it to figure it out but since I did not hack it in the first place I was lost. I put it on the shelf and it collected dust. I have recently picked it back up and tried to get it back operational.

It has henkaku in the settings but does not recognize the SD2Vita i have and does not have Vita Shell or any other homebrew apps it once had.
It is running 3.60
I originally thought I could just wipe it clean and start over fresh but even that seems impossible.
I tried to follow the "My SD2Vita is having issues" thread but it seems all this did was format my disk and erase everything.

Any help or guidance it's been a long while and I'm feeling extra noobish now.
Go to http://henkaku.xyz/go/ and hold R Trigger to force install of molecular shell

dibiase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i do this it speeds through the process in an instant and kicks me to home screen with seemingly no changes made. no new apps on screen

dibiase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i had previously done this about a dozen times and did it about 2 dozen more now. i saw a reddit post where someone else had the same issue. someone said to delete the cache. well i tried to delete cookies and history. rebooted and the history is still there from 2 years ago. maybe this is an issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.