Hacking sd2vita buy or stick to Sony m2 16 gb help

boxer29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Got this ps vita on henkuku 3.60 . Did this with 16 go Sony m2 card ..
Is sd2vita a must to install Enso and then games.
1)do you need a sd2 vita for 3.60 if you have a few 16 gb m2
2)How big is a psvita game on average , I mean how many can you install on the 16 gb m2 card .....
3 ) any disadvantage of installing these files to internal memory so you don’t need to keep the m2 or other card in psvita .
Thanks

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Vita doesn't use M2 (that's PSP Go), it uses the even more proprietary M3 Vita cards

Is sd2vita a must to install Enso and then games.
No, the opposite is in fact true - you must have Henkaku to use custom storage drivers such as gamesd (the one for sd2vita)

do you need a sd2 vita for 3.60 if you have a few 16 gb m2
No, "need" is subjective, although you probably won't be too satisfied with 16 GB

How big is a psvita game on average , I mean how many can you install on the 16 gb m2 card .....
Physical games come on either 2 or 4 GB cards, digital games (or backups of physical ones in most formats) can be any size up to 6 GB, plus any saves and optional updates/dlc
For this reason sizes are wildly variable (most of what I play is less than 1,5 GB)

any disadvantage of installing these files to internal memory
Games are not supposed to be installed to ur0, not like you can fit many in 1 GB (it may be useful for homebrews, which as a rule of thumb don't use standard saves but rather save files directly, but even then it's not worth the effort in my opinion)
If you're getting an sd2vita, 64GB cards are cheap anyway

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
Not that this answers any of your questions, but my sd2vita turned up yesterday. I already have an official Sony 64gb, but wanted to expand the storage. So I picked up a 128gb micro sd and ordered one of the sd2vitas with red writing. Anyway, I set it up last night and was surprised at how easy it was to configure. So now I have both the official and sd2vita micro sd running at the same time. The sd2vita is mounted to uma0 and the 64gb is mounted to ux0. I only wish sd2vita had been around when I bought the expensive Sony card, although they've come down somewhat in price now, but they're still a rip off considering what they are.

Reactions: Zukov

boxer29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answers , I’m going to order one sd2vita, to be delivered during my holidays .
I’m going with the red writing one as well
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/SD2VITA-AD...778019341?itemId=162778019341&epid=5007534436

Is this any good , does it closes the flAp properly after inserting the card with micro as in it to vita , or is the flAp is not shut fully ,
People saying they had to file some of the card in order for the vita flaps to close fully

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the answers , I’m going to order one sd2vita, to be delivered during my holidays .
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/SD2VITA-AD...778019341?itemId=162778019341&epid=5007534436

Is this any good , does it closes the flAp properly after inserting the card with micro as in it to vita , or is the flAp is not shut fully ,
People saying they had to file some of the card in order for the vita flaps to close fully

I have the black plastic red text version, the cart flap cover does not fully close (you could file down the plastic on the top corners of the sd2vita to make it close properly).
The newer white plastic versions do let the flap close fully without modification, i'd go for one of those if possible: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&SearchText=sd2vita+5.0

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country

That's identical to the one I have and the flap closes fully over the top of it (1000). I didn't have to file anything.

Last edited by GunzOfNavarone,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that this answers any of your questions, but my sd2vita turned up yesterday. I already have an official Sony 64gb, but wanted to expand the storage. So I picked up a 128gb micro sd and ordered one of the sd2vitas with red writing. Anyway, I set it up last night and was surprised at how easy it was to configure. So now I have both the official and sd2vita micro sd running at the same time. The sd2vita is mounted to uma0 and the 64gb is mounted to ux0. I only wish sd2vita had been around when I bought the expensive Sony card, although they've come down somewhat in price now, but they're still a rip off considering what they are.

Have a guide on that?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Count Duckula,
Reactions: GunzOfNavarone

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country

boxer29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies ,
As mine is vita OLED which is 1000 will be going for the black with red writing on the link which I posted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1