SD2VITA 3.0 anyone tried this version~?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SuperDan, Sep 21, 2017.

1. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    So nobody has gotten a v3.0 SD2Vita adapter to fit in the game card slot to where the game card door closes? I have an OLED Vita and v2.0 SD2Vita card currently.

Oh, and can I just take out the microSD card, and connect it to my PC/USB 3.0 card reader to add files?

2. darkfiber

darkfiber Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    Got mine in, they are perfect!

Attached Files:

3. SuperDan
    OP

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    Well We'll well you got 3 of them too! Looks frigging... Cool Does the flap close all the way

Last edited by SuperDan, Oct 5, 2017
    Rizzorules likes this.
  4. darkfiber

darkfiber Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    yes full close on fat and slim

Rizzorules, SuperDan and XC-3730C like this.
  5. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    Cool! Where did you bought them? I bought the 1.0 from aliexpress but it was faulty

SuperDan likes this.
  6. SuperDan
    OP

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Sweet then that's the one for me! Going to wait until my tax return.. I'm in no rush but I will grab this one & a 200 gig micro sd

7. darkfiber

darkfiber Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    i purchased from taobao

Rizzorules likes this.
  8. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    https://imgur.com/a/h7Ewt
    You can see it has less rounded corners at the top. This is after I filed the corners down slightly.

I just tested it in my 1000, the flap closes fine on that.
    Comparing the inside of each vita's cart cover flap, the 'indent' for the cart is deeper on the 2000. The sd2vita likely hits the sides of the 2000's cut-out due to it being less curved. It's really a minor issue IMO, I could file the corners down a little more if it bothered me.

SuperDan likes this.
  9. Rasa39

Rasa39 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2015
    I don't get why people can't close the flap properly with the older adapters. I made mine using gadorach's design and all I did was add a little extra electrical tape to the top of the card to form a flap so I could pull the adapter out easy. Even with the extra little bulk from the tape by adapter fits fine and the game slot flap closes perfectly.

These new designs are cool and all but for all but we don't know what design they use on the inside yet do we?

SuperDan likes this.
  10. iceedge

iceedge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2007
    United States
    The one I bought doesn't work... It's taking forever for it to load when turning on or off and it doesn't recognize the SD card.

SuperDan likes this.
  11. SuperDan
    OP

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Well That Ain't Good~!~

12. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Of the 4 white text plastic ones I've seen one was faulty. Vita would get stuck on the enso logo with the orange LED near the cart constantly flashing. Others on /r/vitahacks have had the same issue.
    The red text ones are supposedly better quality (reports of bad glue in the white text ones destroying traces on the PCB but no idea if that's true).

With my 128GB samsung evo select the vita seems to operate at the same speed it ever did. Transferring to the microsd directly with a USB3 card reader is a massive improvement though.

Madridi and SuperDan like this.
  13. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    had the same problem.
    you cannot fix it easily.
    had to desolder and resolder it.

but i just bought another one because i needed a second one anyway ~

14. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    I've seen this behavior with the v1 chips. But it seems to me that it was probably just slightly inserted wrong. Turning the vita off. Taking the adapter out and reinserting it properly fixed it.

Thanks for this. I have been hoping someone will speak about the build quality of white vs red. Looks like I'm going with red then, even if the info provided isn't really concrete or substantial

Last edited by Madridi, Oct 17, 2017 at 11:28 PM
  15. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    I tried removing and re-inserting it at least 10 times, pushing the microsd in different amounts etc, the sucker just didn't want to work. 3 other white text versions I tested at the same time all worked fine with same microsd/console.
    There's a bit of discussion of the new ones in this thread, including one person reporting the same issue with a red text version: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/70wwlz/vita_memory_card_adapter_sd2vitapsvsdetc_buysell/

Many aliexpress sellers (including one I bought from) have changed their listings that used to be the white text version to now show the red text one.
    Personally I'd say order a couple, that way if one isn't working you dont have to wait another month or so for a replacement to arrive.

Madridi likes this.
  16. Thelonewolf88

Thelonewolf88 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2016
    United States
    Surprised that some are saying they fit properly on a Slim. That is incorrect, as they don't fit flush on a Slim (only on a phat oled version). I ordered 2 and got them yesterday morning and the top flap slightly protrudes on the slim consoles.

Count Duckula likes this.
  17. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Engineering Prison
    It looks really nice but seems a bit too expensive compared to the other SD2Vita cards which are around 1-2 dollars.

SuperDan likes this.
  18. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    I’m sure they will drop in price once they flood the market in the EU/US instead of just coming from the East.

SuperDan and Stephano like this.
  19. Thelonewolf88

Thelonewolf88 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2016
    United States
    Slims do not fully close with these V3 adapters. I received 2 red text versions and the flap still does not sit flush like it should with an original cartridge.

SuperDan likes this.