SD2VITA 3.0 anyone tried this version~?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SuperDan, Sep 21, 2017.

1. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    u might be able to delete everything manually with vitashell. the app folder is likely the largest one since that contains vita games. u want to keep pspemu though. I personally erased my memory cards, then sold them since they're so expensive.

personally, I'd try removing the sd2vita cart, then seeing if you can format the card. I know that this is possible, because I had my sd2vita 1.0 cart not making a secure connection once, which forced a format of the memory card. I can't recall if it was being read as uma0 though as I never checked.

SuperDan likes this.

2. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    I know they are expensive but I'm afraid that if I sell it, I will regret it

SuperDan likes this.
  3. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    well, you have two options. if you're using a pstv or a ps vita 2K (slim), you have internal memory. if not, you do have your config.txt which is in ur0. afaik, it won't be replaced even if you were to format the memory card. it's not in a location that's affected which was probably done deliberately and why it's recommend. the game database is in ur0, but it doesn't mess with the tai folder.

SuperDan likes this.
  4. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    I know config is in ur0. So memcard will be emulation paradise, and ux0 vita paradise. But I can't find Akiba's trip dlc's... i have the game, dumped it, but couldn't dl free dlc, no psn....

SuperDan likes this.
  5. helltoast

helltoast Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2015
    United States
    so... anyone receive theirs yet?

I ordered 5 for a discount but I'm worried it won't sit flush on my slim.

SuperDan likes this.
  6. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Still no1
    Mine will arive in 2-3 weeks. Proportions are same as vita game card(with sd in it) sd slot has no spring, which is awesome!

SuperDan likes this.
  7. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    can't help there as I don't own the game. the only game I own dlc for is tales of hearts r. I bought all the costumes. I dumped those, the game, and the save.

SuperDan likes this.
  8. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    But Akiba's trip had all free dlc, and no dump... ffs

SuperDan likes this.
  9. Disco

Disco GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2006
    Croatia
    Croatia
    Exact same thing that happened to my v2 adapter when I sanded it too much ;)

SuperDan likes this.
  10. Bonestorm

Bonestorm GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    anyone have a v3 yet?

11. voddy

voddy No Title Available

Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    yeah - i had.
    it was broken.
    i opened it up and cut my self made v1 into shape and inserted that.
    now i got a working v3 (self made xD)

the original v3 had a super slim board (more like a piece of plastic with some super small wires) and an opened sd card slot.
    everything is really small and tiny inside. its no wonder that my adapter was broken. it had some broken connections inside. you could not save it because it was cut and not worth the effort tbh.
    it fits perfectly (like a real game) ... sadly it did not work for me at first but i got the case of it and that was all i needed ^^

12. Bonestorm

Bonestorm GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    hopefully was just defective...no one else??

13. Spartk

Spartk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    Argentina
    hi, i've tried 2.0 version, going to buy a 3.00 version for my pstv. i put the 2.0 version in my psvita slim and i can confirm that the 2.00 ver is hard to extract too. you know if the 3.00 ver stay locked in the slot as the others before?

14. Bonestorm

Bonestorm GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    just use usb you don't need sd2vita for pstv

15. Spartk

Spartk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    Argentina
    no, and i'm going to explain why not. i've already configured a usb key but i realized that i want to leave the usb slot free. it's faster when i want to associate my dualshock 4 to pstv switching them from my ps4. and it's better to use the pad through usb cable if i want reduce the input lag such as in pfba. so i decided to buy an adapter for pstv and leave the usb slot free for other use.

16. Bonestorm

Bonestorm GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    fair enough

17. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Yep got mine 3 days ago, so far it's working well. Transferring files to a 128GB samsung evo select at 50MB/sec+ (with a usb3 card reader) is a nice improvement over using the vita :)

As others have reported it does stop the cart cover from closing fully on a vita 2000, if you compare them to a legit cart the sd2vita is less rounded at the top.

Last edited by Count Duckula, Oct 5, 2017
    Madridi likes this.
  18. Elbie27

Elbie27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Powered USB Hub?

I have a 256GB Sata Hard Drive on a Powered USB 2.0 adapter plugged into a hub. This allows me to also sync controllers, or to charge them, or to have less input lag etc etc
    If I ever get into power issues the USB hub can be powered.
    Hard Drive has to be powered as the PSTV does not provide enough power to spin the drive. If using a USB stick you shouldnt have a need for this, the powered hub should allow sufficient power if you run into issues.

19. SuperDan
    OP

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    hmmm well i guess it wont fit perfectly in my OLED then but still this is the one i like the most so far ...

20. Spartk

Spartk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    Argentina
    you're right, but i just want my pstv as an unique piece without any other cable or external hub and hard disk. i don't need so much storage space (64gb is enough for me). i prefer a "slim" solution, easy to move from a tv to another.

Elbie27 likes this.