ROM Hack SD Virus?

Xander993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So, I hacked my step brother's o3DS some time ago. It was in 11.7 Luma version. He didn't know about hacking so he updated it to 11.8. I told him that it was the Luma not been compatible with the 11.8 so I had to update the boot.firm. I took the SD off his 3ds and inserted it in the pc. But everything in the root was .exe. The anti virus popped up and deleted all folders and files. What is going on?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, my own SD card doesn't have that problem. And yeah the anti virus is the shit tbh
Take care of your computer first. Before you work on the SD card.

*** After checking your computer isn't infect (I recommend using all three of those listed softwares) ***
  1. If you want to recover your brother's SD card, use Recuva. Don't write stuff to it or reformat the card as this can delete files.
  2. Should you be lucky in recovering his setup, then reformat the card in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. May need to use guiformat if his card is bigger than 32 GB.
  3. Run a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw while the card is empty. Once it passes, add back the files.
  4. Replace the boot.firm with the Luma3DS v9.1 .

Xander993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Just in case I didn't express myself correctly, not english native. My anti virus popped up and I decided to deleted everything. It wasn't automatic. I first scanned it and then proceed to delete.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case I didn't express myself correctly, not english native. My anti virus popped up and I decided to deleted everything. It wasn't automatic. I first scanned it and then proceed to delete.

If you have it set up as not to scan external device, it won't scan it, by default it doesn't scan it anyway.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You should scan the rest of your computer for your personal data safety.

You might want to talk to your brother about where he got his SD card or where he's getting his files from on the Internet.

If he also has a computer, he should scan his computer, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: