Hacking SD slot is forked.

Binxy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My roommates kid crammed an sd card into my wii backwards lastnight. I managed to get the card out but now I can't get it to stay in the wii. I pretty much know I am screwed on getting it to work again. Well, I can get it to work if I hold it in.
I'm just wondering if there are any apps I have to worry about that run from SD alone.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well your brick protection is pretty much screwed now since the nand backs-up to the sd card
And don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure homebrew channel only loads thing from sd

Binxy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. HB loads up through HD.
Xflak. The only one I am kinda worried about on that list is the mymenuify, and the brick protector. I guess someone is buying me a new wii.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u have bootmii @ boot2, u should still be able to recover from bricks by accessing it when u need to by holding the sd card in place only when the wii boots up. Once u see the bootmii menu, u don't need the sd card in the wii anymore, u can just launch the HBC and recover from w/e problem u have.

And if u don't have bootmii @ boot2, using priiloader u will still be able to launch the hbc in the event of a brick, as long as the brick doesn't involve uninstalling or stubbing your system menu IOS or System Menu

Lets put it this way, as long as u don't f*ck around practically trying to brick yourself, u shouldn't need to ever perform a nand restore. But u should still keep your nand backup, it can still be useful in the event of full bricks and infectus nand restorations.

The only thing u miss out on is mymenuify, but if u have priiloader or bootmii @ boot2, i would say it is safe to try installing a theme while holding the sd card in place (install process only takes 3 seconds-ish), and u will be able to recover even if shit gets fucked up.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
See if you can figure out how to rip out the spring, then it should just stay in there and you can pull it out with your finger nails or pliers.

Anyone know how to break the spring in the sd slot?

Binxy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome. The paper clip thing worked. I don't like the idea. But, atleast I don't have to stand there holding it in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?