Homebrew SD-Ripped GC Games Loaded Through USBLoader GX Resets Wii

Slambot6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thread title basically outlines the problem.

Issue: A recent onset problem using a 4.3U Wii with USBLoaderGX 1.8: I can not play any GC games ripped to a FAT32 16gb SD card. When I press "Start," the screen fades black and after a couple seconds, flickers and reboots back to BootMii. Wii games ripped to USB work fine and do not reset, as do VC and Wii Channels. USBLoader and the Wii can both start GC games by disk still.

This all results after a previous disk installed Wii-Update from the CoD BO DVD, as before this disk install, the USBLoader started GC games just fine without issue, as well as ripped Wii games, VC, and channels.

Attempted Fix: To fix this problem, I've tried reformatting both USB and SD drives, flashing the NAND back to a point where I just had Homebrew and BootMii installed and then reinstalling the mandatory IOSs for USBLoader, and putting the GC ROMs on a USB harddrive instead of SD. None of these attempts have fixed the problem; GC games still reset the Wii back to BootMii.

I would appreciate some advice as to how to remedy this issue. My suspicion is that the CoD BO disk updated some files which conflict with what was needed to boot GC games off of SD via USBLoader, but if so, I do not understand why flashing the NAND back before the disk update was installed would not fix this issue.

ps: I also apologize if I've skipped any mannerisms expected from a "help" post like this. If it's too much of a bother, I have no objections to this thread getting locked.

Slambot6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I will use an emulator in the mean time, but I'm still confused as to why GC games ripped to SD media could work before the disk install, but afterwards it fails.

Maybe I'm remembering this incorrectly, and GC games never worked on SD via USBLoader?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can now launch GameCube backups from loaders.
There are two different methods :

* DIOS MIOS (USB only) / DIOS MIOS Lite (SD only) : these one use a modified MIOS and place the Wii in GameCube mode.
* Devolution (USB or SD) : This one is based on IOS and the game is launched in Wii mode.

@Slambot6:
You said you used USBLoaderGX 1.8?
the latest version is 3.0, and the latest beta which support both SD and USB for gamecube is r1203.

Slambot6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the friendly input, everyone! I'll try installing DIOS MIOS Lite 2.4 (NAND) and updating to USBLoaderGX 3.0 beta r1203. I'll post later with how it goes.

And I made a mistake, Cyan. After checking, my copy of USBLoaderGX is 3.0 r1180.

Slambot6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Success! After installing DIOS MIOS Lite 2.4 (NAND) and updating to USBLoaderGX 3.0 r1203, SD-ripped GC games boot and play just fine now, as it did before.

I'll try Devolution and DIOS MIOS out later just to compare load times and stability.

Thank you very much, Fishaman P, The Real Jdbye, and especially Cyan! You guys rock!

b0yrapz07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Success! After installing DIOS MIOS Lite 2.4 (NAND) and updating to USBLoaderGX 3.0 r1203, SD-ripped GC games boot and play just fine now, as it did before.

I'll try Devolution and DIOS MIOS out later just to compare load times and stability.

Thank you very much, Fishaman P, The Real Jdbye, and especially Cyan! You guys rock!

ey slambot6 could you send the files DIOS MIOS Lite 2.4 (NAND) and USBLoaderGX 3.0 r1203 to me I want to play gamecube games too but I can't file those files please reply asap thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.