SD Loader Problems with 16gb SDHC

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by illuminerdi, May 18, 2009.

May 18, 2009
  1. illuminerdi

Newcomer illuminerdi Newbie

May 17, 2009
    United States
    So my 16GB SDHC card just arrived in the mail, but neither HBC nor SD Loader 1.5 will recognize it. My Wii can read to/from and copy to/from it just fine, but neither HBC nor SD Loader will work with it. I copied straight off my (working) 2gb SD card, so I know it's not an issue of folders being formatted incorrectly, HBC won't recognize files on the card at all.

I've tried HBC 1.1 and 1.2 - I know 1.2 has a known compatibility issue with SDHC cards - so I'm assuming that's why HBC doesn't work with it. Does the SD Loader rely on the same library for SDHC as the HBC and that's why it won't talk to my card?

Mainly, I want to get the SD Loader working, but it refuses to. I formatted it with WBFS 3.0.1 but SD loader just craps with error -1 when it tries to mount the SDHC card.

I've tried the Panasonic formatter and it didn't seem to change anything even after I formatted back to WBFS.

Just as a weird side note: I have to use my GP2x F200 to read/write to my SDHC card, as none of my other readers will handle SDHC properly. Is this potentially a problem? I don't see why it would be...
  2. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    I'm having the same problem with a 8gb kingston SDHC, but in my case not even my wii reads it, and its in FAT32 format.