Hacking SD loaded channels stop Wii Sports Resort

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but when i run a Wiiware or the Internet channel from my Ios60 patched SD loader Wii Sports Resort stops working.I have to run the motionplus video again using Wiipowers Neogamma alt.dol to get it working again.I'm on Pal 4.0e,cIOS36_rev10

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly the same problem, Id not noticed it until you just brought it up! Im also on 4.0e but using CIOS Ver13(a)
frown.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fiddlefaddle22 said:
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but when i run a Wiiware or the Internet channel from my Ios60 patched SD loader Wii Sports Resort stops working.I have to run the motionplus video again using Wiipowers Neogamma alt.dol to get it working again.I'm on Pal 4.0e,cIOS36_rev10

So is it only running things off of the SD card menu that affects this? That Internet channel that you mentioned causing it too wasn't on your system menu was it?

I know someone that updated to 4.0 after starting it had this problem so maybe he ran something from the sd card menu to test it and caused that to happen.

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:

So is it only running things off of the SD card menu that affects this? That Internet channel that you mentioned causing it too wasn't on your system menu was it?

I know someone that updated to 4.0 after starting it had this problem so maybe he ran something from the sd card menu to test it and caused that to happen.
I tested Wiiware, game banner channels and the Internet channel on the system memory and the only thing that causes this problem is running them from the SD card.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like the internet channel has been installed as a .wad along with the wiiware. Im going to try it again with a VC game from SD and see if it causes the same problem.

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
rustybanana said:
Sounds like the internet channel has been installed as a .wad along with the wiiware. Im going to try it again with a VC game from SD and see if it causes the same problem.
The internet Channel was my original as .bin file.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
KK, Ive not got many titles on my SD so ill pop them back onto the system and run them from there until there is a fix for this issue, I very much doubt nintendo will have a fix as they dont support usb loaders and the game isnt out for a few more weeks in the west
wink.gif

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
rustybanana said:
KK, Ive not got many titles on my SD so ill pop them back onto the system and run them from there until there is a fix for this issue, I very much doubt nintendo will have a fix as they dont support usb loaders and the game isnt out for a few more weeks in the west
wink.gif
Not being able to load stuff from the SD card is a small price to pay to be able to play this great game a month early, but wonder if this bug only affects Pal Wii's as no one with NSTC has mentioned it yet.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Its odd that you have been the 1st to report it. Mine did stop working a few days ago but I couldnt work out what happened to it. At least now I know
biggrin.gif

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can confirm this issue. I just loaded the Nintendo channel from an SD card (original channel, firmware 4.0E) and that somehow made the alt dol procedure necessary to get Sport Resort working again.

Not a big deal, but could be annoying.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Good stuff, The more people that test it the more chance we have getting it fixed. Would be cool if some 4.0U users could test it also
smile.gif

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
you're great for finding this..
happened to me too after using my original bought internet channel i've moved to the sd card.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This issue has been resolved in Japan with the release of 4.1 firmware. However, seeing as the game should not be available anywhere but there, we are not likely to see a firmware update for at least another week unless there is enough time for Nintendo to fix the Wii Sports Resort discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: