sd inside wii dvd drivbe?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dread123, May 29, 2008.

May 29, 2008

sd inside wii dvd drivbe? by dread123 at 6:21 PM (1,240 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dread123
    OP

Member dread123 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    as above 2yr old has shoved the sd card inside the wii with a dvd inside still- can shake wii and hear it moving about but cant get to it..will i have to strip down wii? no tri-wing so any bright ideas please do suggest?
    already modded so not bothered about warrnaty.daughter is going mental at moment. please give a semi old man some peace tonight...toherwise will have to order triwing and wait till prob monday before peace and quiet [​IMG]

2. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    take your wii apart as you may damage the wii by pushing things in the dvd slot. its best to be safe

3. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    If you use a torch and a very thin pair of pliers whilst holding the Wii with the DVD slot facing the floor you may have a good chance. Good luck [​IMG]

Edit: You MAY be able to take the front fascia type part of the Wii off without using a tri-wing, follow a disassembly guide using a mini-philips screw driver only removing the necessary screws. May make it easier trying to pry the SD card out.

4. Da Mafia

Member Da Mafia GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Lol, i've actually inserted a SD Card into the DVD Drive myself. If you take the front off then you'll be able to get at it no problem, but you will need a Tri-Wing to get it off.

5. dread123
    OP

United Kingdom
    tri-wing ordered.thanks for thehelp any ways guys...could be long weekend [​IMG]

lol

thanks

6. dread123
    OP

United Kingdom
    sweet all sorted now thanks [​IMG]