sd inside wii dvd drivbe?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dread123, May 29, 2008.

1. dread123
    OP

dread123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2006
    manchester uk
    as above 2yr old has shoved the sd card inside the wii with a dvd inside still- can shake wii and hear it moving about but cant get to it..will i have to strip down wii? no tri-wing so any bright ideas please do suggest?
    already modded so not bothered about warrnaty.daughter is going mental at moment. please give a semi old man some peace tonight...toherwise will have to order triwing and wait till prob monday before peace and quiet [​IMG]

2. tomqman

tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

Aug 7, 2007
    Isle Of Wight
    take your wii apart as you may damage the wii by pushing things in the dvd slot. its best to be safe

3. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    If you use a torch and a very thin pair of pliers whilst holding the Wii with the DVD slot facing the floor you may have a good chance. Good luck [​IMG]

Edit: You MAY be able to take the front fascia type part of the Wii off without using a tri-wing, follow a disassembly guide using a mini-philips screw driver only removing the necessary screws. May make it easier trying to pry the SD card out.

4. Da Mafia

Da Mafia GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2004
    England
    Lol, i've actually inserted a SD Card into the DVD Drive myself. If you take the front off then you'll be able to get at it no problem, but you will need a Tri-Wing to get it off.

5. dread123
    OP

dread123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2006
    manchester uk
    tri-wing ordered.thanks for thehelp any ways guys...could be long weekend [​IMG]

lol

thanks

6. dread123
    OP

dread123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2006
    manchester uk
    sweet all sorted now thanks [​IMG]