Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

akanerin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
That .zip I uploaded has nearly all the attack textures where higher resolution is available, grouped by units (up to destiny anyway) and even attacks (the directory and file naming convention might get a bit of time to get used to).

World only has higher resolution map sprites, it uses the same quality textures for attacks as Overworld
Here are the higher resolution map sprites from World:
https://mega.nz/#!SIV1DCKC!EGEZRdROnPlQ78rgrMBEU6SpuY5qF6g-LymT859UfS8
god thanks looks like i have to get back on modding again, funny i though i will never do it again beside that hi danikk how about you think that XI Gundam texture? should i rescale all of it like that? looks blurry though but sharper and better than PPSSPP internal rescale feature.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
god thanks looks like i have to get back on modding again, funny i though i will never do it again beside that hi danikk how about you think that XI Gundam texture? should i rescale all of it like that? looks blurry though but sharper and better than PPSSPP internal rescale feature.
Overall I don't think that simply resizing the games own texture really provides much improvement in quality, but if you use a higher resolution base, significant improvement can be achieved. I know that this texture replacement would be quite work intense, as what needs to be done is
  • dump the texture you want to improve
  • find the higher resolution version in the dumps I uploaded
  • Due to PPSSPP limits the original OW texture needs to be resized to 1024*1024, and the HQ Wars texture to 768*768
  • At these resolutions the actual images are the exact same size, and the wars textures, and the texutres can be replaced.
This will yield much sharper and detailed textures than just resizing the Overworld textures.

Here is a bit of help on how the Wars directory structure is made up (makes it easier to search)

example directory name: 0001_mat3_b1v1c1_Z (game's own dir structure)
lets break it up:
  • 0001: internal unit number foes up to above 0900, the units are mostly in the same order as in game (wars). In OW many units moved to Extra or game category, they are usually found after their logical block
  • mat3: can be mat1 or mat3 (mat2 only used in Spirits). mat1 for animations far from the enemy (most shooting weapons), mat3 for animations that happen when the enemy is on the screen (melee attacks). not 100% consistent
  • b1: goes from b1 to b6, the attacks number for the unit (E.g. b1=beam saber b2=vulcan b3=beam rifle etc.). most of the time the same as the order in game, but not always.
  • v1: attack version, if there are special variant of an attack (e.g. a cutin) it will be v2
  • c1: attack scene, longer attacks are broken up into multiple scenes Wars supports up to 3 scenes (OW up to 6)
  • Z: can be a few things at the end of the name:Z, ah, am, an, bh, bm
    • Z:no idea
    • ah, bh: animation for an attack hitting, sometimes there is an alternate variant, which gets the bh
    • am,bm: same as above, but when the attack misses (usually beam saber attacks)
    • an: when the hit and miss is the same animation
hope this was somewhat informative.

akanerin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Overall I don't think that simply resizing the games own texture really provides much improvement in quality, but if you use a higher resolution base, significant improvement can be achieved. I know that this texture replacement would be quite work intense, as what needs to be done is
  • dump the texture you want to improve
  • find the higher resolution version in the dumps I uploaded
  • Due to PPSSPP limits the original OW texture needs to be resized to 1024*1024, and the HQ Wars texture to 768*768
  • At these resolutions the actual images are the exact same size, and the wars textures, and the texutres can be replaced.
This will yield much sharper and detailed textures than just resizing the Overworld textures.

Here is a bit of help on how the Wars directory structure is made up (makes it easier to search)

example directory name: 0001_mat3_b1v1c1_Z (game's own dir structure)
lets break it up:
  • 0001: internal unit number foes up to above 0900, the units are mostly in the same order as in game (wars). In OW many units moved to Extra or game category, they are usually found after their logical block
  • mat3: can be mat1 or mat3 (mat2 only used in Spirits). mat1 for animations far from the enemy (most shooting weapons), mat3 for animations that happen when the enemy is on the screen (melee attacks). not 100% consistent
  • b1: goes from b1 to b6, the attacks number for the unit (E.g. b1=beam saber b2=vulcan b3=beam rifle etc.). most of the time the same as the order in game, but not always.
  • v1: attack version, if there are special variant of an attack (e.g. a cutin) it will be v2
  • c1: attack scene, longer attacks are broken up into multiple scenes Wars supports up to 3 scenes (OW up to 6)
  • Z: can be a few things at the end of the name:Z, ah, am, an, bh, bm
    • Z:no idea
    • ah, bh: animation for an attack hitting, sometimes there is an alternate variant, which gets the bh
    • am,bm: same as above, but when the attack misses (usually beam saber attacks)
    • an: when the hit and miss is the same animation
hope this was somewhat informative.

thx a lot, phew d*mn 1,9gb my traffic are burn, i hope getting time to polish my fav unit texture too.

akanerin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i6zceb.jpg

damn those shield xD can't wait for full hq replacement or i just have to do it by myself?, tested working with slight lag with my 512 Vram but lazy texture caching help me a lot for adressing. they use box-uv mapping? i notice by this Blue Destiny's shield they are different and much more bigger(and more cool of course lol) anyway i don't use any scaling just 3x PSP Resolution and nearest texture/screen.

Last edited by akanerin7,

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
damn those shield xD can't wait for full hq replacement or i just have to do it by myself?,
I do want to work on it, once I have some time freed up.

i notice by this Blue Destiny's shield they are different and much more bigger(and more cool of course lol
They switched up the Blue Destiny Unit 02 and 03 designs with each other between Wars and World, I believe the old version was incorrect. The Blue destiny's were quite a troublesome bunch to work with.

akanerin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I do want to work on it, once I have some time freed up.

They switched up the Blue Destiny Unit 02 and 03 designs with each other between Wars and World, I believe the old version was incorrect. The Blue destiny's were quite a troublesome bunch to work with.
yeah i see that, hi danikk could you upload wars texture.zip to another hosting? mega seems hating me lately -,-. and proper replacement would 1024*1024 like you suggest but im sure it can be pushed more to add some scaling effect on it (either Bicubic / Nearest) since replacer act like rescaler feature on-fly(most likely same performance impact between this two feature -,- )
edit : forget about reupload danikk lately i fix up my connection, anyway i allready finishing some units sprites(1024*1024 / 512*512 depending on performance impact), want to check it out? i will post cloud folder here to be uploaded on there later(i hope this help you).

akanerin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
danikk could you check this one?i usually will post some stuff there and polished version for the unit who doesn't have replacement texture.
here: W.I.P Texture Port
also take the dev version i see some huge performance speedup from newer one.
Currently Done: Ground Gundam Type (Maps sprite are polished to 512*512 not just 128*128)
Next: XI Gundam (Proper Polished), DX Gundam (Proper Polished)

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
danikk could you check this one?i usually will post some stuff there and polished version for the unit who doesn't have replacement texture.
here: W.I.P Texture Port
They work perfectly, and both the sprite and attack animation looks much better than before.
I have opened a private thread to continue this conversation, as we are kind of hijacking this one right now.

Reactions: CrashmanX

SkylordAndy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is entirely translated then? Thats cool! Can i download it to my vita? Ah, wait, so i can. Whats ARK firmware though? Is it the thing that allows the emulator to run?

Last edited by SkylordAndy,

leon2110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
can someone help me? i'm using adrenaline in vita to playing this, but after created a save file the game just showing blackscreen

Reiska

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick bug report to make! I wasn't able to get a screenshot unfortunately. When Merrybell Gadget appears in World Tour stage C-5 (as the second secret), her dialogue box instantly closes with no text.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Quick bug report to make! I wasn't able to get a screenshot unfortunately. When Merrybell Gadget appears in World Tour stage C-5 (as the second secret), her dialogue box instantly closes with no text.
Thanks for the report, i have fixed the issue.

du0maxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I move HQ texture to NPJH50681, then load the game but my ppsspp like freeze and the game isn't loaded. can you tell me the right way to replace the texture? {replace texture checked in dev tool)

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I move HQ texture to NPJH50681, then load the game but my ppsspp like freeze and the game isn't loaded. can you tell me the right way to replace the texture? {replace texture checked in dev tool)
Due to the way PPSSPP handles custom textures, when the files are present the game will freeze for about 15-30 seconds (I noticed a huge performance improvement for this in PPSSPP 1.4) when starting , or when you change the resolution (as the emulator reads through the textures.ini file to see which textures need replacing). Try waiting a little, and see if the game starts eventually.
I think you probably did install the textures properly, because if they would be in the wrong place, the game would just start normally without loading the custom textures.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security