Hacking SD Gecko, Multigame GC discs, Emulator saving

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I have only just got around to ordering a wii (will get it modded!) but I'm a little confused by what is actually possible with a modded wii. I have had a good read and I find a lot of conflicting information and poorly explained "guides". Basically;

1) How easy is it to create a multigame GC disc? What is the best guide/tool for this task? Why do so many people seem to have playback problems when doing this?

2) Same question as above but for oldschool emulators + roms discs (NES, SNES, MAME, etc..) It seems a modded Wii is capable of running a bunch of emulators in gamecube mode? Can you fit multiple emulators and a selection of roms on the same disc?

3) Can emulator saves be written to an SD card via the gecko SD adapter? How easy is it to rip wii iso's to an SD card using an SD adapter?

Sorry for all the complete and utter newb questions. I'm sure I will figure most of them out for myself once I actually have a wii in my hands. Just hoping people can provide some helpful information or links to good guides.

Thanks a lot!

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not all emulators can save to the sd card, it depends on the emulator. they can all save to the memory card, but i am having trouble with that. at least on my 3rd party gamecube card. you can fit emulators and roms on 1 disc, but i recommend that you use a SD card instead. most if not all emulators support opening roms from sd card. with an sd card you can add new roms and download updates to emulators. i have used the multi gamecube booters and there easy to make a disc, but i like having 1 disc for each game, even if its a waste, its annoying to boot up to a menu than choose the game, than choose your display type. i prefer to just stick in a dvd and play the damn game.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i forgot the exact program that i used, but do a search for MultiGame ISO Creator, there a few programs out there. the one i used was simple, it just asks for all your .gcm, .iso files and creates a bootable disc image. You than burn this image. make sure you use lower burning speeds. Yes it will take longer, but its safer. I usually stick to 2x burning speed, which equates to about 30 mins for a full DVD of games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over