SD file speed

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Chaorain, May 11, 2008.

1. Chaorain
    OP

Chaorain Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2008
    United States
    I have a PQI Micro SD card and I wanted more space so I just recently bought a second Micro SD card a SanDisk after loading it up I de-fragmented both cards and found that the SanDisk loaded faster. I decided to switch the files on the cards so that the stuff I use the most are on the faster SanDisk. I then found that my San Disk slowed down and my PQI speed up. Both cards are 2GB. I bought the MQI about two months ago and the SanDisk a few days ago. I want to know what makes some cards load faster then others even when the files are switched. Any ideas?

2. Narin

Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

Former Staff
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    From what I heard, you shouldn't defragment the card but instead, create a backup and reformat the card for the best results and also to minimize corrupting the card. Also if you want better results, run a read and write benchmark on the cards using a disk analyzer program and see which one actually has the better read and write speed.

3. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
  4. Chaorain
    OP

Chaorain Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2008
    United States
    I just found out about not reformatting the Micro SD card myself. I use an M3 DS Real so bad DLDI are not a concern. But also I'm talking about NDS games NOT just homebrew although the same problem is there too. I wonder if it has to do with the number of rom files as well?