Hacking SD File Explorer?

supermario18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make an SD File Explorer homebrew (like WiiXplorer) that can perform file functions such as copy, paste, rename, and delete? Or do we not have that much access to the SD yet?

Whatnoww

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe he is talking about a Wii U SD File Explorer, not the Wii/vWii one
I know. I just wanted to know if it would be possible to load vWii homebrew elfs through the homebrew launcher. Kind off off topic if I think about it. Could you snip my quote?

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I know. I just wanted to know if it would be possible to load vWii homebrew elfs through the homebrew launcher. Kind off off topic if I think about it. Could you snip my quote?
It's alright, it's not THAT far off the topic, but jumping back in..... it's theoretically possible, and most programs have doen all of those functions (copy,paste,write,delete,etc.) Mostly Loadiine: It writes and deletes saves, it copies and pastes files, and it can delete saves (if only we had the source code.... https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2 )

Reactions: Garou and Whatnoww

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Wiixplorer U (Uxplorer?) would definitely be helpful. If i had the time to learn id make it.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The -iine suffix was used for mods to loadiine. Most of those homebrew apps eventually became their own apps but they all started out as a loadiine mod. It wouldn't make sense to just append "iine" onto all the next homebrew.

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
The -iine suffix was used for mods to loadiine. Most of those homebrew apps eventually became their own apps but they all started out as a loadiine mod. It wouldn't make sense to just append "iine" onto all the next homebrew.
Actually, the devs keep on planing on using -iine or at least ii for the next hbw. And the first one was a cafiine mod called..... Loadiine

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well if I'm successful in performing SD reading and writing functions in my U-Paint app, I'll take my code from that and it should be easy to make something like this. ;)

Just cross your fingers I have better luck with SD Card stuff than I was having with sound. I had to take a break from adding sound to another project, because it just wasn't wanting to cooperate with me. :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr