just a a report

is this common?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
My 8GB microSD died twice on me before it died permanently, both times in the Supercard. I was able to retrieve the files off it both times, then got it replaced. MicroSD reliability is limited. That is why I now make daily backups.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
They don't die often on decent stable flashcarts like Supercard and CycloDS. The chances of out-of-the-blue data corruption are actually minimal unless you're using DSOrganize to edit or manage files. My microSD died because it was faulty within 5 days of purchase. Its replacement is 2 months old and still going strong. They usually die either from faulty batches, bad flashcarts, or bad apps like DSO. You can expect a microSD that hasn't died within about the first 2 months in conjunction with a Supercard that hasn't died within just about as long, to keep on going until you toss your DS away to buy its successor.

Some flashcarts like the R4 have been reported to break down after 1 year or start corrupting microSDs. With Supercard DS-One I haven't yet heard any such reports. And brand microSDs like ADATA, Transcend, Toshiba etc. that prove to not be faulty batch can last decades.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i had a M3 ds simply & it kept corrupting my cards & it killed two of them in two month so i give it to my brother in law & hes run it for over a year with no problems
i had all the supercard range in the last 3 years & i never lost any data from them that i can remember

i have cyclosds's now & use CycloEdit Pro to backup my data just in case

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats why I keep a folder with all my SD files in it on my computer. And if you've got a bit of
spare cash one day it doesn't hurt having a back up card handy. Also keeping a list of pages that you got all your files from is a good idea to. I title the pages in my favourites by which file I got from there.
Sorry to here about your card, suxxors.

Edit: I use SD cards that are made for camera use, eg. Kodak, Fuji. I've never had any troubles with them, I duno why, perhaps they are made to handle alot more file traffic or somthing.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'd not be surprised if the M3 Simply corrupts. Its build is identical to the R4. I also wave a red flag to all the R4 clones.

AeroHex

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah im think of getting a 8gb or a 16gb when they come down a bit but yeah besides this matter my supercard has ran flawlessly and now i have my 3 in 1 i can do heaps
smile.gif
grog.gif
chrees to supercards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: being sick still sucks