Hacking SD Cleaning and Luma3DS Updating Help

Can you put DS roms onto a 3DS as a game? (I guess no)

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

katykat5099

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since it's boot to loader first, then from loader will boot Luma3DS.dat, right?
Yes, i can boot into anything really. But it is Luma3ds.dat.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, so i just downloaded the update for Luma3DS and noticed that the menuhax folders are a lot different. Im wondering if this is normal, i have a ropbin folder and some other things related to the menuhax settings, but it shows nothing of Luma3DS.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yes, i can boot into anything really. But it is Luma3ds.dat.

Okay, so i just downloaded the update for Luma3DS and noticed that the menuhax folders are a lot different. Im wondering if this is normal, i have a ropbin folder and some other things related to the menuhax settings, but it shows nothing of Luma3DS.
1. Back up all files (not folder), since this is my assumtion. Not sure if it will work or not.
2. Rename Luma3DS.zip/menuhax/boot.3dsx to Luma3ds.dat. Put this file on root, replace the old one.
3. Put Luma3DS.zip/arm9loaderhax.bin on root, replace the old one.
4. Try booting the system.

Last edited by nechigawara,

katykat5099

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Back up all files (not folder), since this is my assumtion. Not sure if it will work or not.
2. Rename Luma3DS.zip/menuhax/boot.3dsx to Luma3ds.dat. Put this file on root, replace the old one.
3. Put Luma3DS.zip/arm9loaderhax.bin on root, replace the old one.
4. Try booting the system.

It froze once i tried to load luma3DS.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Then this is beyond my knowledge. If you want to keep your old setting, you may need to wait for other answers.
But, since 11.3 right now is deadly, totally unhackable with NFIRM patch. if you accidently update sysNAND, you're doom.
Any hardmod can't help you hack again (except you have NAND backup below 11.3) unless the new arm9 exploit is out.

So, I advise you to take this oppotunity to move to A9LH.
There is 2 things you need to know about 3DS hacking before doing A9LH.
  1. 3DS exploit: This is a way allow to run somethings that normally can't run such as homebrew, etc. Example of 3DS exploit are menuhax, arm9loaderhax, fasthax, etc.
  2. 3DS CFW: This is what you want to allow your 3DS to add more function to FW, such as out of region cart load, pirating, ETC. This one need 3DS exploit to be able to run. Example of CFW is Luma3DS. ReiNAND, Corbenik.
The choices you have now is Installing Arm9loaderhax (A9LH) Exploit with Luma3DS CFW. Can be done by booting to sysNAND, changing a theme (just color is OK), then following this guide: http://3ds.guide/. This setting is mostly safe from removed by Nintendo. The problem is, this setting require user to hack into 3DS System files. So it has a small risk of brick. But, if you're understand and following every step of the guide I gave you correctly. Even though you bricked, it can still be fix by hardmod. The guide will pointing you to merge emuNAND back to sysNAND. But you can keep using emNAND if you want.

katykat5099

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then this is beyond my knowledge. If you want to keep your old setting, you may need to wait for other answers.
But, since 11.3 right now is deadly, totally unhackable with NFIRM patch. if you accidently update sysNAND, you're doom.
Any hardmod can't help you hack again (except you have NAND backup below 11.3) unless the new arm9 exploit is out.

So, I advise you to take this oppotunity to move to A9LH.
There is 2 things you need to know about 3DS hacking before doing A9LH.
  1. 3DS exploit: This is a way allow to run somethings that normally can't run such as homebrew, etc. Example of 3DS exploit are menuhax, arm9loaderhax, fasthax, etc.
  2. 3DS CFW: This is what you want to allow your 3DS to add more function to FW, such as out of region cart load, pirating, ETC. This one need 3DS exploit to be able to run. Example of CFW is Luma3DS. ReiNAND, Corbenik.
The choices you have now is Installing Arm9loaderhax (A9LH) Exploit with Luma3DS CFW. Can be done by booting to sysNAND, changing a theme (just color is OK), then following this guide: http://3ds.guide/. This setting is mostly safe from removed by Nintendo. The problem is, this setting require user to hack into 3DS System files. So it has a small risk of brick. But, if you're understand and following every step of the guide I gave you correctly. Even though you bricked, it can still be fix by hardmod. The guide will pointing you to merge emuNAND back to sysNAND. But you can keep using emNAND if you want.

Im not sure what i did, but i updated... I moved some files and it worked. Thanks for all your help so far. But i will try A9LH. If it means i can update then yes please. This is my 3rd 3DS so i am not THAT afraid and since its got a cracked screen.. But its used as a important "help people with homebrew, emunand.. and stuff" So i find it kind of important. And i usually can follow things properly so hopefully i get through it.

PS: im a girl. that guy said im a boy earlier.

Last edited by katykat5099,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head