SD cards compatibility? (Bootmii)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Teny, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Teny
    OP

Teny GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2009
    United States
    Is there a good reliable/updated list of compatible and non compatible list of SD cards that will work with Bootmii with the NAND backup?
    I just bought an Lexar 2GB Gaming SD card, and I am getting mixed answers of whether its compatible or not with the bootmii and its NAND backup. I don't want to open it and try it because I want to know if its fully compatible, if it is not, then I will return it and get an different brand.

Thanks.

2. Oh Really?

Oh Really? GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
  3. Teny
    OP

Teny GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2009
    United States
    Now this is where I get confused, Bootmii beta 2/1 says its fully compatible, but then Bootmii beta 3 says it has issues with NAND, should I still use Bootmii beta 3?
    And should I categorize gaming SD with regular and high performance SD with the same size?

4. antonkan

antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 13, 2009
    Canada
    Burlington, ON
    I recommend BootMii beta 2 becuase it's more SD compatible than beta 3.

And, you sould categorize your SD cards.

5. Oh Really?

Oh Really? GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Hmm. I thought I read somewhere that beta 3 had issues with something, can't remember what though. I would just use beta 2, its not like some major update that was added to beta 3. I don't know about the gaming/regular thing though.

Personally, I would just open it carefully, and if it doesn't work, just return it and get another brand or get your money back. Its not like it doesn't work anymore. I don't know why they wouldn't exchange it unless they told you that before you bought it. Good luck.

6. Teny
    OP

Teny GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2009
    United States
    Crap, I think I did something wrong. I was using a guide from Wiihacks I got up to this step

I got confused on step 5 (a, and for some reason, I wasnt thinking, and I never installed IOS60-patched.wad, and I already installed Preloader, and the IOS38-64-v3610, IOS50-64-v4889, IOS53-64-v5149, IOS55-64-v5149, NeoGammaR7. What should I do? My Wii still goes to the system menu and everything though.

Oh, I was able to get my NAND backup no problem with Bootmii beta 3.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice