SD cards compatibility? (Bootmii)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Teny, Sep 28, 2009.

Sep 28, 2009
  1. Teny
    OP

Member Teny GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there a good reliable/updated list of compatible and non compatible list of SD cards that will work with Bootmii with the NAND backup?
    I just bought an Lexar 2GB Gaming SD card, and I am getting mixed answers of whether its compatible or not with the bootmii and its NAND backup. I don't want to open it and try it because I want to know if its fully compatible, if it is not, then I will return it and get an different brand.

Thanks.

2. Oh Really?

Member Oh Really? GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. Teny
    OP

United States
    Now this is where I get confused, Bootmii beta 2/1 says its fully compatible, but then Bootmii beta 3 says it has issues with NAND, should I still use Bootmii beta 3?
    And should I categorize gaming SD with regular and high performance SD with the same size?

4. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I recommend BootMii beta 2 becuase it's more SD compatible than beta 3.

And, you sould categorize your SD cards.

5. Oh Really?

Member Oh Really? GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hmm. I thought I read somewhere that beta 3 had issues with something, can't remember what though. I would just use beta 2, its not like some major update that was added to beta 3. I don't know about the gaming/regular thing though.

Personally, I would just open it carefully, and if it doesn't work, just return it and get another brand or get your money back. Its not like it doesn't work anymore. I don't know why they wouldn't exchange it unless they told you that before you bought it. Good luck.

6. Teny
    OP

United States
    Crap, I think I did something wrong. I was using a guide from Wiihacks I got up to this step

I got confused on step 5 (a, and for some reason, I wasnt thinking, and I never installed IOS60-patched.wad, and I already installed Preloader, and the IOS38-64-v3610, IOS50-64-v4889, IOS53-64-v5149, IOS55-64-v5149, NeoGammaR7. What should I do? My Wii still goes to the system menu and everything though.

Oh, I was able to get my NAND backup no problem with Bootmii beta 3.