Hacking SD cards compatibility? (Bootmii)

Teny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a good reliable/updated list of compatible and non compatible list of SD cards that will work with Bootmii with the NAND backup?
I just bought an Lexar 2GB Gaming SD card, and I am getting mixed answers of whether its compatible or not with the bootmii and its NAND backup. I don't want to open it and try it because I want to know if its fully compatible, if it is not, then I will return it and get an different brand.

Thanks.

Teny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now this is where I get confused, Bootmii beta 2/1 says its fully compatible, but then Bootmii beta 3 says it has issues with NAND, should I still use Bootmii beta 3?
And should I categorize gaming SD with regular and high performance SD with the same size?

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Teny said:
Now this is where I get confused, Bootmii beta 2/1 says its fully compatible, but then Bootmii beta 3 says it has issues with NAND, should I still use Bootmii beta 3?
And should I categorize gaming SD with regular and high performance SD with the same size?
I recommend BootMii beta 2 becuase it's more SD compatible than beta 3.

And, you sould categorize your SD cards.

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I thought I read somewhere that beta 3 had issues with something, can't remember what though. I would just use beta 2, its not like some major update that was added to beta 3. I don't know about the gaming/regular thing though.

Personally, I would just open it carefully, and if it doesn't work, just return it and get another brand or get your money back. Its not like it doesn't work anymore. I don't know why they wouldn't exchange it unless they told you that before you bought it. Good luck.

Teny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, I think I did something wrong. I was using a guide from Wiihacks I got up to this step

QUOTE said:
5. THE FINAL STEP

Preloader is also an optional install, if you don't want it just skip b & c, system menu hacks can be taken care of by Starfall (3.2) or startpatch (4/4.1), if you want them click my sig and have a look through my mediafire. There are no system hacks for 3.3/3.4. There are now Preloader hacks for 4.1J Wiis.

a) If you are on system menu 4/4.1 use Wad Manager with default settings (IOS249 & SD card) to install IOS60-patched.wad - make sure you do this before you install Preloader. If you installed it in step 4 then skip this part. Never uninstall IOS60! You will brick!!

b). Open the Homebrew Channel and load Preloader, press 1 to install. After install, your Wii should reboot and load the Preloader menu. If it doesn't, turn your wii off and on again whilst holding down reset and it will load the Preloader menu.

c) Select 'system hacks' in the Preloader menu, and enable the hacks that you want - 'skip disc update check' and the region free ones are all you need. Select 'save settings' and wait for confirmation message to display 'settings saved'. Press B to go back, and enter Settings. Set 'Autoboot: System Menu' using D-Pad, then select save settings. Press B to return to main Preloader menu.

d) In the Preloader menu select Homebrew Channel (if you didn't install Preloader then just open HBC as normal), run Wad Manager 1.4, use default settings (IOS249 & SD card) and install these wads from the 'wad' folder:

IOS38-64-v3610
IOS50-64-v4889
IOS53-64-v5149
IOS55-64-v5149
NeoGammaR7

Then restart your Wii.

All done! You will now have the safety/hacks of Preloader & Bootmii, NeoGamma R7 backup loader that has 99% compatibility, cIOS249 r14, IOS38, 53 & 55 for newer games and IOS50 to help prevent disc update bricks. If you ever need to access Preloader's settings hold down 'reset' when switching your Wii on.
If you get the 'system files corrupted' screen don't panic, just reinstall preloader and if that doesn't fix it reinstall your current system menu with Wad Manager.

I got confused on step 5 (a, and for some reason, I wasnt thinking, and I never installed IOS60-patched.wad, and I already installed Preloader, and the IOS38-64-v3610, IOS50-64-v4889, IOS53-64-v5149, IOS55-64-v5149, NeoGammaR7. What should I do? My Wii still goes to the system menu and everything though.

Oh, I was able to get my NAND backup no problem with Bootmii beta 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1