Hacking SD Card Works In One Wii And Not The Other?

comet77

OP
Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have what I think is an odd one, I have two Wii's and two SD cards. Both Wii's are soft modded and both have 4.0U. The one I just modded would take both SD cards to mod. I then used HBC 1.02 to do the updates to the Wii so I could play burned games in the disc channel. All was going good until after I was done playing a game in the disc channel.

I went back to the HBC 1.02 to try and load Snes9x. It did not show anything in the list so I rebooted the Wii. Still nothing so I took the card to my other Wii and it loaded just fine.

I put the Snes9x on a USB drive and it loaded in both of the Wii's. This lead me to believe that it was an issue with HBC 1.02 so I went back to HBC 1.01. That was a STUPID mistake. Now I can not even restore the NAND that I have of the system because on the Wii I was only able to install BootMii as an IOS.

In the HBC 1.01 I am not able to see any apps in the SD or USB.

Question:
I am still able to run burned disc in the disc channel. Is there a disc out there someplace that can load apps from USB or itself to help me fix this? or even a disc that will let me somehow restore the NAND backup I have of the system before I did any updates.

The NAND backup was made with BootMii.

I really wish this would of happen to my other Wii. I was able to install BootMii on boot2 on that one.

Any help you can offer would be great.
Thanks,

comet77

OP
Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
TroyTheZombie said:
I've run into the same problem. My brother's wii seems to hate 1 of my sd cards, doesn't work what so ever, yet it works fine on mine.

Seems different model wii's use different sd card readers.

Yes, but before the updates both SD cards worked and now they don't. I'm thinking one of the updates installed wrong and I need to somehow do some update with a dvd if it is out there someplace.

comet77

OP
Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
TroyTheZombie said:
hmm....wasn't there a disc version of the homebrew channel? try googling for it.

also, is the wii system menu itself seeing your sd card? if so, try banner bomb.
OK the disc did not work because it is at 4.0 and I have no way of reading the iso image of the disc to change the HBC inside it. Also the Wii menu will not see the card so I am not able to use the bannerbomb.

Any other ideas?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
swap the data from the dud card to a new one?

have you checked if your PC can read the card yet?

whenever my sd doesnt work i just take it out, give it a blow and a wipe, and in the wii SD slot, then put it in, takes a few attempts but it eventually reads the card.

comet77

OP
Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
mikeyt1998 said:
swap the data from the dud card to a new one?

have you checked if your PC can read the card yet?

whenever my sd doesnt work i just take it out, give it a blow and a wipe, and in the Wii SD slot, then put it in, takes a few attempts but it eventually reads the card.

I have 2 Wii's and both cards can be read in one Wii and not the other.
Both cards can be read in the PC.
I even tried FAT, FAT16, and FAT32 on both cards
one card is 512 and the other is 2gb

I was just thinking of loading the dol's over the network. I'll get back to you with the outcome.

comet77

OP
Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
Good News
smile.gif
smile.gif

I was able to use the WiiBuilder and load the WadManager 1.4. It was able to read wads off the USB so I could re-install the ios files.

I can now read from the SD cards on both Wii's again.

Thanks for the help people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all