Hacking SD Card won't load roms in emulator, but does everything else

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my Wii my friend softmodded a while ago, it's on 4.2 right now using all the instructions in the sticky. I've also installed DarkCORP, although I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Anyway, I have a 2gb SD Card which I've normally been using to play SNES games using Snes9xGX, but I just got a 4gb Kingston SD Card, and for some odd reason, I can't load any roms. I don't have the write-protect switch in the wrong position, and the directories are all fine because I've simply copied the contents from the last SD card to this one.

I can load other WiiWare/VC games fine from the SD card, all the apps I have on HBC show up perfectly fine, the only thing odd is when I go to an emulator and then none of my roms show up and it says it can't determine load method. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Much thanks.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like an incompatibility issue.

nothing you can do about it really, just happens sometimes, nothing wrong on your part.

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SD cards of 4GB and larger are SDHC cards. A more up-to-date version of your emulator should be compatible with your SDHC card.

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand that being the case for like my SNES/NES/GBA emus since I haven't updated those in a while, but I have the latest Wii64 version and that won't display my roms either, yet the emulator loads fine. And what's weirder is after it fails to load the roms I go back to the HBC menu and none of my apps show unless I take the SD card out and put it back in.

Tranquil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumpy.
frown.gif

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get a 2GB sandisk card and then you wont have any issues. Thats the solution since nobody besides the developer know whether their code is SDHC compatible or not.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SDHC support is finicky at best. You'll likely have to either go with a 2gb card, or wait it out and hope for updated apps. best bet would be to go with the 2gb card then use a mobile hdd or thumbdrive to store your roms and the like if 2gb isn't enough.

edit: actually I wonder... how well would an SDHC in a T-Flash USB adapter mounted as a usb HD work... I've done a thumb drive linux live image on my netbook like that and it worked pretty well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)