SD Card Transfer-- Hacked 3DS to Non-Hacked

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Digikitty21, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Digikitty21
    OP

Digikitty21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    Hell
    I have a 3ds XL with CFW, it's on 11.4, I think. Recently, it got a bit wet and is now broke. I bought another 3ds XL, and now want to use my old SD card on this newer 3ds. I'm going to install CFW as soon as I can, but until then, can I just take the older SD card out and put it into my functional 3ds? Or should I delete some files first, but have to put them back on during or after I install CFW?

2. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    If you for some reason made a CTRNAND transfer file with your hacked NAND then it should work as long as you install the previous CTRNAND one the newer 3DS, if not then those files will be completely useless. The folders are made specifically for that NAND or the 3DS's own hardware I believe. This happened to me over a year ago when arm9loaderhax was still on its early development forcing you to manually downgrade to 2.1 and I suddenly bricked. The only way I had actual "backups" of the older 3DS is to use the files from my older 3DS's JKSM folder and moved it to my newer one. Then reinject the save files and looking at the list of games I had. Sorry but these are the only choices you have.

3. Digikitty21
    OP

Digikitty21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2017
    United States
    Hell
    Oh, thanks! I think it's probably best for me to just start fresh, anyways