SD Card Socket took the browns to the superbowl!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Riicky, Dec 31, 2009.

Dec 31, 2009
  1. Riicky
    OP

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Recently my Wii just stopped reading SD cards in: SD Menu (4.1) Data Management, and Homebrew Channel..but Bootmii accesses it fine.I can browse the SD with bootmii, make a nand backup, hell, I even restored my nand twice in the last day trying to troubleshoot the sudden failure..my question is, if the SD socket is in fact crap, how hard would it be to replace it, and if I could replace it, where the hell could I order one lol!!! thanks in advance for any and all solutions, wise cracks or "Send to Nintendo' remarks haha

2. equlizer

Newcomer equlizer Member

Canada
    make it a virgin and send it to nintendo.

3. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    It is very hard to replace and they don't sell replacement ones. Brick it (lol) and send it to Ninty. (Just say, It froze during updating to 4.2!)

4. tonybologna

Member tonybologna GO VOLS!

United States
    Yeah! Throw a brick at it. LOL! [​IMG]

5. Riicky
    OP

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i would brick it, or virginize it, if I knew i would get MY console back instead of a replacement...mine is a launch day wii so it has the vulnerable boot1, no d3-2 drive..So I'd be pissed if I'd get back a newer wii that can only install bootmii as IOS or has a D3-2 drive