SD Card Slot Replacement, Anything I should know?

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought an SD Card slot replacement for my Switch, is there anything I should know before opening my Switch, or is it all pretty straight forward?

firefox_nlrV4w76Y3.png

Currently my SD Card slot works, it's just when I pick my switch up "wrong" it likes to disconnect my card and I'm forced to either shutdown, or hold power and select reset so I can return to payload.

My plan is upon opening my Switch I'm going to check the current SD card slot, and see if it's just not plugged in right, or loose, or has a bad connection, and see if it will start working fine then, if not I'm going to replace it with the one I ordered. I did order the proper triwing tool to open my switch along with the new SD card Slot, So I wont be able to check that until then.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
just be careful with the pins of the connector (mother board and microSD card slot).

I had the same problem, took a toothbrush, some 99% isopropyl alcohol, cleaned the connector → no more intempestive microSD disconnect :toot:

nothing else to know : open → remove → clean or change → reconnect → done.

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just be careful with the pins of the connector (mother board and microSD card slot).

I had the same problem, took a toothbrush, some 99% isopropyl alcohol, cleaned the connector → no more intempestive microSD disconnect :toot:
Thanx, good to hear I'm not the only one that has/had this SD card disconnecting issue. Also think i'mma try what you did first with the SD Card Slot it currently has to see if that fixes it, if my old slot works fine, I'll have no need for the replacement I bought. lol guess it's good to have a backup for down the road tho I guess. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1