greenslumber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay so i get my M3 today in the post, naturaly i try to put my SD card in the reader, which i put in my usb port.
However problem is no removable drive is appearing in my computer. So i am now curious if i have the SD card in all the way to register

DSC00423.jpg

is this okay? it was the furthest i could get it without seemingly force the flupper in.
Oh and windows could not find drivers or anythin for te usb, not off my XP or the M3 disc, is this a problem?

Thanks all, i know this is going to be me not pressing hard enough but had to ask,

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you've got it in far enough, but it could just be a defective reader. If that's the case just go out and get a normal SD reader at an electronics store, since your microSD should have come with an adaptor.

greenslumber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I went into the devicemanager to have a peekaboo and it lists the sd reader in the other stuff with no driver. It says i need to install a driver. anyone else had to do this? or know where to get it?

greenslumber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i cant find drivers anywhere, i know its not a faulty reader as i ordered 2 M3's and it is exactlt the same with both.what should i do?
i dont want to go out and spend another 10£ on a damn reader.
frown.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh and windows could not find drivers or anythin for te usb, not off my XP or the M3 disc, is this a problem?
Yes. Windows needs a suitable driver to work the card reader, without a driver it just won't fly. (just in case the previous poster scared you, don't worry your MicroSD cards are probably fine.
smile.gif
)

It's strange that it can't find it, most of them seem to work with Window's built-in drivers. Try plugging it into a different USB port (if you have another one) to force Windows to look again. (or maybe try telling it to look on the CD again, if it can't find one on there automatically then see if you can identify which file it needs yourself and point it to it manually, although I doubt there's one on there). Sorry I don't actually own an M3 so I can't help much.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like psyfira suggested, try a different usb port on your computer. Like the usb port in the back of your computer next to the ps/2 ports, not a front usb port if your computer has front usb ports that is.

I had a similar problem with the card reader that comes with the cyclods evolution, it would not get recognized correctly when using the front usb ports on my computer case, but work fine using the rear usb ports in the back of the computer.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a number of problems with the game shark game save program. First I couldn't download game saves from the program, I had to go to there website, wich is a hassle because I have dial up. The other problem is trying to convert the save from other save systems, like action replay. I like the fact that shuny made the converter, but there has to be an issue with the code in the files because after I convert the files I con't put them on my game cartridge.
If the problem is the game I'll try diffrent games, but Animal Crossing game saves don't convert in a way that an amutrue like myself can put the saves on the cartridge through the game shark program. I apreciate an statement that could help me with these 2 problems.

let me try.

gameshark-ds.jpg

hmm just tested it, it works fine, i used shuny's online save game converter, i tested inuyasha though, btw there is more then one version of animal crossing that might be your problem.

it autodetects drivers for it on windows xp i know that, i have the same card reader, i dont know why its not reading for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr