SD card reader

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by greenslumber, Jul 16, 2007.

Jul 16, 2007

SD card reader by greenslumber at 10:43 AM (978 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. greenslumber
    OP

Newcomer greenslumber Member

United Kingdom
    Okay so i get my M3 today in the post, naturaly i try to put my SD card in the reader, which i put in my usb port.
    However problem is no removable drive is appearing in my computer. So i am now curious if i have the SD card in all the way to register

[​IMG]

is this okay? it was the furthest i could get it without seemingly force the flupper in.
    Oh and windows could not find drivers or anythin for te usb, not off my XP or the M3 disc, is this a problem?

Thanks all, i know this is going to be me not pressing hard enough but had to ask,

2. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Looks like you've got it in far enough, but it could just be a defective reader. If that's the case just go out and get a normal SD reader at an electronics store, since your microSD should have come with an adaptor.

3. greenslumber
    OP

United Kingdom
    I went into the devicemanager to have a peekaboo and it lists the sd reader in the other stuff with no driver. It says i need to install a driver. anyone else had to do this? or know where to get it?

4. greenslumber
    OP

United Kingdom
    i cant find drivers anywhere, i know its not a faulty reader as i ordered 2 M3's and it is exactlt the same with both.what should i do?
    i dont want to go out and spend another 10£ on a damn reader.
    [​IMG]

5. lixam

Newcomer lixam Newbie

United States
    could be a defective micro-SD card.

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Yes. Windows needs a suitable driver to work the card reader, without a driver it just won't fly. (just in case the previous poster scared you, don't worry your MicroSD cards are probably fine. [​IMG])

It's strange that it can't find it, most of them seem to work with Window's built-in drivers. Try plugging it into a different USB port (if you have another one) to force Windows to look again. (or maybe try telling it to look on the CD again, if it can't find one on there automatically then see if you can identify which file it needs yourself and point it to it manually, although I doubt there's one on there). Sorry I don't actually own an M3 so I can't help much.

7. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Like psyfira suggested, try a different usb port on your computer. Like the usb port in the back of your computer next to the ps/2 ports, not a front usb port if your computer has front usb ports that is.

I had a similar problem with the card reader that comes with the cyclods evolution, it would not get recognized correctly when using the front usb ports on my computer case, but work fine using the rear usb ports in the back of the computer.

8. NDSkid

Newcomer NDSkid Advanced Member

United States
    try another port, try another computer

9. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    it autodetects drivers for it on windows xp i know that, i have the same card reader, i dont know why its not reading for you.