Hacking SD Card not talking to wii...HELP PLEASE!

Toner84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

New to the forum but not new to modding. Today I was messing about putting some new files onto my wii. but I took the sd out of the card reader, instead of taking out the whole card reader, and it seems as though it is now corrupted... all my files are still there... but its like my sd card isn't talking to my wii. I still have HBC and can launch but there is nothing in there. and thank god usb loader gx as it seems to run without the SD...

I have tried taking the files off...formatting...and putting back on...but no luck... also when I press on the sd card on the wii menu it says it cant read it... even though my phone and pc will...

help much appreciated

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are you using a MicroSD card in an adapter? The adapters get worn out eventually and stop working correctly.
Anyway, I suggest running Check Disk on the card if you are on Windows. Sounds like it could have gotten corrupted, especially if you forgot to safely remove the card/reader.

Toner84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your reply...

files are all there...weird... How would I get WAD manager back into HBC? as its currently empty?

Just putting my files bk onto my sd, an will try what you said...ta

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the MicroSD + adapter I used to hack my wii just stopped working in the wii a few years later, even though it still seems to work fine most other things. Just try another card + adapter.

Toner84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried a 64 gb sd card... and it didnt work, but in the same adapter, plus I couldn't format it to fat 32... so not the best test...

tbb043 so did none of your apps/channels work?... how did you get them working? I feel like just starting afresh!

LightDawnLegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Format it into FAT 32 (but Copy the Files to the PC first)
Then try to slide the LOCK switch of the SD Card to unlock it. (If it is Locked)
Plan B: Copy the same files but on the different SD Card to see if it works.
Plan C: Clean the copper plate (the record plate) of the SD Card

Last edited by LightDawnLegend,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou