Hacking SD Card not reconized..not your normal situation

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've been using the same SD card for about a year now, and everythings been working fine up until now. I've changed nothing whatsoever on the SD card! all I did today was turn on the wii with the sd card in, bootmii popped up, and loaded the system menu (4.1U), once I tried to access the HBC, none of my apps were showing up, so I just exited and tried again to no avail. Just being curious I tried to move a save file to the SD and that said "SD Card Can Not Be Used"...So I popped the SD card in the PC,transfered everything off, and formatted with the SD Formatter that Wiibrew describes, formatted to fat, transfered everything back, and the same issue occurs! I don't know if its the SD card or the SD reader in the Wii (as bootmii is able to access it and I can browse the files on it)...any help is greatly appreciated!! thanks guys in advance

Wii specs are:

4.1U
Cios38 Rev16
Hermes Cios Rev4
HBC 1.0.6
Bootmii IOS/Boot2

SD Card in question is a 2GB Samsung, also have tried a 2GB Pny to no avail.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
have you tried sending a dol with transmitmii or something say wiiexplorer and see if it can access the sd card to see if the wii sd card reader is sh*!ged

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I have FTPii installed as a channel, I booted that up and on the PC, I could'nt see the SD...I could see the nand and the disc that was inserted into the wii

I don't know if its the SD card or the SD reader in the Wii (as bootmii is able to access it and I can browse the files on it)...

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
have you got priiloader installed and changed wht IOS the SM uses?

have prillloader installed running off the system menu IOS60 (4.1U)

Tried using Trasnmitmii with wiixplorer and wad manager (to possibly browse the wad folder) neither worked...but bootmii is able to access the SD Card

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing much, last thing I really did was DOP IOS like I previously said, after that SD card still worked, just today..bam....the last major thing I did was go from 4.2 to 4.1(to test cioscorp with region free as 4.2 didnt have region free until now...which I then uninstalled cioscorp and updated all IOS's with DOP IOS)

EDIT: Used DOP-IOS through TransmitMii, only IOS that was outdated was IOS36 v1042 (for hackmii installer after corps) updated that and nada

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently using a copy of what was on the SD card prior to it not working lol

tried a nand restore (to an almost virgin 4.0 wii minus HBC and Bootmii) and nothing

tried a nand restore (to where it pretty much is now, but never had corps installed) and nothing

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
got me stumped don't know what else to try

if you've restored your nand and it didn't affect the sd card reader it would have to be hardware issue but bootmii works and reads and writes to the sd card

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even using a USB Stick to replace the SD card in HBC, loading of the USB stick is sparatic, sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesnt

I mean it would be no big deal to not use the SD card, but all my covers for wiiflow load off of sd because i have no fat partition on my WBFS Drive, and really don't feel like formatting my HDD to re-partition Fat/Wbfs, and re-adding 127 games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U