ChickenCannibalism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi,

So I was just trying to turn on my 3DS when I noticed that it wouldn't boot up and it had a white notification LED flashing. I looked it up on the 3ds.hacks.guide website and found out it was because the 3DS was unable to find the boot.firm file on my SD card. So, I plugged my SD card into the computer and it gave me this, without me being able to see what was in the card. Is the card dead? What do I do next? Thanks.
1671781791144.png

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fastest and easiest thing to do now: Restore your backup to another SD. (Please don't say it)

Don't write to the SD if there is/was any data on you care for and didn't back up. Data recovery software might or might not be able to restore something.

You can format and run the full h2testw write/read (will overwrite EVERYTHING) rest once you are positive that there is nothing left you want to restore. Don't trust that SD without running the full test. Even if it passes it might corrupt again. Replace it in this case.

ChickenCannibalism

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Fastest and easiest thing to do now: Restore your backup to another SD. (Please don't say it)

Don't write to the SD if there is/was any data on you care for and didn't back up. Data recovery software might or might not be able to restore something.

You can format and run the full h2testw write/read (will overwrite EVERYTHING) rest once you are positive that there is nothing left you want to restore. Don't trust that SD without running the full test. Even if it passes it might corrupt again. Replace it in this case.
I don't have another SD card right now but I'll get one soon. In the meantime, The latest backup I have was from 2021, so hopefully, I can retrieve the save files with data recovery software. What data recovery software should I use?
Post automatically merged:

Also, it shows up as an 8 GB SD card now. I've tried scanning with EaseUS and Disk Drill but they don't detect any files. I'll try formatting the card and see.

I don't have another SD card right now but I'll get one soon. In the meantime, The latest backup I have was from 2021, so hopefully, I can retrieve the save files with data recovery software. What data recovery software should I use?

Also, it shows up as an 8 GB SD card now. I've tried scanning with EaseUS and Disk Drill but they don't detect any files. I'll try formatting the card and see.
Update: I've tried formatting with the Windows built-in option and GUIFormat but they wouldn't work. GUIFormat gave me an error like so:

1671786098455.png

Are there any other options to save the data from this card?

Last edited by ChickenCannibalism,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1