sd card menu data

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by MaGnUmKiLLa, Sep 8, 2009.

Sep 8, 2009

sd card menu data by MaGnUmKiLLa at 5:53 AM (995 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. MaGnUmKiLLa
    OP

Member MaGnUmKiLLa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, I just downloaded Contra Rebirth onto my wii. I transferred it to my SD card menu and played it. I went and checked my channel save data and on the wii tab there was a bubble called SD Card Menu Data and it said Contra Rebirth and took up 200some blocks. What's the point in moving something to the SD card if it's just going to take up the space on the wii anyway? I've only had certain games do this to me. It seems like everything from Square does it but games like Gradius Rebirth and Silver Star Chess don't. Does anyone have any idea what the SD Card Menu Data is all about and how to stop that stupid crap?

2. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    It is left over when you dont go back to the wii menu and instead just power off.

3. MaGnUmKiLLa
    OP

Member MaGnUmKiLLa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    so if I always make sure to go back to the main menu it won't pop up?

4. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    the wii loads the sd card menu selected game into nand and runs it from there,, not the sd card itself. its a bit of a cheap way of doing things. could use anything up to 250 blocks depending on the game.

5. justmike

Member justmike GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I would imagine you need to have enough room on your Wii to play games stored on your SD card.