Hacking SD card keeps getting corrupted

DNAnthony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having this peculiar problem. I am trying it with 2 different 2 GB sandisk sd cards. I formatted the sd card to FAT using disk utility. However everytime I put it in the wii it wont read it... Then when I plug it back into my macbook. It says it's unreadable.. I keep reformatting to FAT but I am still having the same problem.... can someone please help me.

DJ_Eric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
use sd card association sd formatter to format it
That is not the issue.

Even on my win 7 machine and a freshly formatted 2GB SD card, after I run some homebrew I get the the thing saying I basically need to run checkdisk on my SD card.

I honestly believe it is the hackmii installer that is causing the issue. Further more, I have noticed many of the files that the hackmii installer writes to my SD card does not have any date association at all to it. Is that the issue why our OS's say it is corrupt? I have not cared to take the time to really figure it out, but those are just my observations that I have seen over time.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't use the built-in format function from any Mac, it will use (forgot the name) instead of a MBR, that will cause compatiblity issues and might be the reason for your problem(s).

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Don't use the built-in format function from any Mac, it will use (forgot the name) instead of a MBR, that will cause compatiblity issues and might be the reason for your problem(s).
GPT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE