Hacking SD card, how much space?

simonhwsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 3DS one of which I will use only for loading backups with gateway, it's the first model so it came with a 2Gb SD card and I think it won't be enough given the fact that I'll need 1Gb or so for emunand and I heard that Smash Bros requieres at least a 4Gb card, do you think an 8Gb card would be enough? which retail games require space on the SD card besides Smash Bros?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very few actually require space. And if they do, it's a very minimal amount. I am able to get by with a 4GB card just fine, so an 8GB card should be more than enough.
If you ever plan to download things from the eShop or install .CIAs, then you might need the space for it, though.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd make sure to get a reputable brand like Sandisk from a real brick & mortar chain store (or the website of a real B&M chain, definitely not eBay or Amazon), to avoid fakes, rather than looking for the absolute cheapest price.

As for size, 4GB seems plenty big for me, 8 should give you more than you could possibly fill unless you start buying full games digitally (and if you're using Gateway, why would you).

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a 16 gig Sandisk Ultra from Wal-Mart for like $15 to replace my old one because i kept having issues with freezing when resuming from sleep mode or trying to hit home during game play. No problems as of yet.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
1. MH4 MH4G SmashBros require 1-4GB free space otherwise the game will not run properly.
2. emuNAND occupies 1GB.
3. All patches in JPN e-shop are about 3GB. USA/EUR patches will be smaller.

So at least you need a 8GB SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?