SD Card... dead? >=|

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by D3FAULT, Jun 26, 2008.

1. D3FAULT
    OP

D3FAULT Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2007
    United States
    Well, I booted up my DS (with an R4) and got stuck on the "Loading..." screen. It has happened before, but normally I can just reinsert the SD card and it all goes well. But this time it did it 3 times, so I decided to stick it in my computer to see what was up, and it didn't even notice I put it in. So is it broken for good? Any way I can recover the data? I can buy another SD card, but I have so many goddamn saves and other shit on that card that I need. It really pisses me off.

BTW, "Secure" Digital my ass. This is the 2nd card I've had do this, but the other one didn't have near as important data on it. I do not feel my data is secure on these cards anymore. :|

2. krazykirk

krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    Australia
    The card reader probably sucks.

The readers which come bundled with flash carts are especially notorious.
    They're known to corrupt cards.

3. ³³³

³³³ Banned

Banned
    Jun 19, 2008
    Netherlands
    Jup my M3 Simply got corrupted too
    Wonder how long my R4 will take [​IMG]

4. D3FAULT
    OP

D3FAULT Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2007
    United States
    The reader is the SanDisk one that came with it. My laptop has an actual SD card slot on it, so I don't have to use 3rd party adapters and stuff, which is nice. So is there no way to get my data back? I do have a backup, thank God, but it's not that recent.

5. AlexMoron

AlexMoron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    Just reformat via digital camera if you have one. Worked perfectly for me. Good luck!

6. loklok555

loklok555 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2008
    Canada
    did you try to blow into the SD slot on the R4?
    or blow the slot 1 on the ds

works for me and i did have the "loading" stuck before so i know

7. Draxi

Draxi Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2007
    Norway
    Is happen to me to when i got the SanDisk SD card is get screwed after some week [​IMG] so i need to put all the file inn to it again...

My friends toll me to buy a new Kingstone and after that my R4 never got screwed up so i maybe, think a Kingstone maybe work better than a SanDisk

8. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish

Former Staff
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    I've had quite a few problems with SanDisk products while I've haven't had any problems with any of my Kingston products so far.

If it were up to me I'd get a Kingston instead.

9. woof811

woof811 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2007
    north west
    try formatting the memory card in a phone or camera , sometimes when a pc wont recognize a memory card a phone or camera will .

woof811

10. ZPE

ZPE GBAtemp Fan

Aug 27, 2007
    England
    This happened to me today after trying the GBALoader thing for the EZ 3 in 1. The screen froze and it's now "dead". Ordered replacements but to those that are saying the Kingston ones are better, I had one for six months and it lasted 'til now.

11. R2DJ

R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    London
    Sooner than you think... I would stay away from those readers immediately if I were you.

12. Hayatkaizer

Hayatkaizer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2007
    United States
    try clean the metal of the R4 card or memory card a bit see if it work, or format the card and try again (back up files first tho)

13. noraha

noraha Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2008
    My r4 got busted mate and im like totally pissed off now

14. Music_Lord

Music_Lord Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2007
    United States
    Hickville, USA
    Yes, my microSD card also got corrupted a while back. I just reformatted it, and now it works fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice