Hardware SD card corrupted by bad CIA's

Urataros07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i downloaded a few warez cia's and my SD Card got corrupted, i ran h2testw, and it detected no errors, but when I reinsterted it, no websites would load on my SD Card and the SD card wouldn't load despite being shown as inserted. I do have a backup of all my 3DS essential cfw files but is it possible to get the SD card working again?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So like, just get another SD Card and look for more reputable sites for CIA's?
Hello, there.

Did you copy everything off your SD card, reformat it to FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size, and then full Write + Verify the (emptied out) SD card in H2testw?

The test has to be done on an empty card.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the test was done on an empty card.
  • Can you clarify this statement, what do you mean by "websites won't load on your SD card"?
  • Do you mean games that you've installed crash shortly after launching them?
  • Are your installed titles missing on HOME Menu? Do you see signs of damaged database, where only GodMode9 can list them with Search for titles?
Here's what you can do.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card over to a computer (again).
  2. Quadruple reformat (for thoroughness).
    • Your SD card must have these settings: [ FAT32 file system | 32 KB cluster size * | MBR disk | Primary partition ].
    • * There's a bit of leeway using 64 KB cluster size only if the card is 128 GB or bigger and depending if GBA VC games do not have graphical bugs.
    • A badly reformatted card can behave like it's fake or faulty.
  3. Add back your setup. If required, supplement your setup with the CFW starter kit.

Urataros07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Can you clarify this statement, what do you mean by "websites won't load on your SD card"?
  • Do you mean games that you've installed crash shortly after launching them?
  • Are your installed titles missing on HOME Menu? Do you see signs of damaged database, where only GodMode9 can list them with Search for titles?
Here's what you can do.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card over to a computer (again).
  2. Quadruple reformat (for thoroughness).
    • Your SD card must have these settings: [ FAT32 file system | 32 KB cluster size * | MBR disk | Primary partition ].
    • * There's a bit of leeway using 64 KB cluster size only if the card is 128 GB or bigger and depending if GBA VC games do not have graphical bugs.
    • A badly reformatted card can behave like it's fake or faulty.
  3. Add back your setup. If required, supplement your setup with the CFW starter kit.
Ok so what i mean is, i got some warez CIA titles, and installed them, the next day my new 2DS XL crashes at the menu when nothing happens and I've done nothing that would cause this, the error was fault status translation section. when I insert the SD card, the microsd card, as long as it's in, no website on any browser will load anything, it gives me an error about DNS and there being no wifi. no program on my laptop will read the SD Card, even if it shows up in systems, even command prompt cant read it. people have told me a bad CIA can't corrupt an SD Card, but this same thing has happened with my last SD Card when i was installing 10 or so games, this time i installed 17 in one session. hope this clears it up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte