SD card corrupted after using soundhax and installing Luma3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by xeroblade, Jan 9, 2017.

1. xeroblade
    OP

xeroblade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    After I did the exploit, I was transferring files to the card and it would end up freezing well after awhile it would just give me errors on the pc and now it completely cannot be read from the pc. Can I simply get a new sd card? I'm assuming I needed certain files from the corrupted sd? I have FBI installed on my 3ds if that helps, or am I screwed?

2. MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64 hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    this is why the guide tells you to check for errors before even starting. if any errors are prevent you risk corruption you were following 3ds.guide right?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

and yes you need otp.bin (required for many needs) nandMin.bin and the files9folder the guide says to back these up to multiple places

also i remember there was a way to get back to where you were before im sure those from the earlier thread will help you when they see this,

3. xeroblade
    OP

xeroblade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    I used this guide here http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-install-a9lh-without-buying-anything-in-11-2.455588/ and it didn't tell me to back up anything but the otp.bin, so that's the only thing I have.

4. DontShootUp

DontShootUp Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2013
    United States
  5. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    perhaps an admin may, but idk if we can. perhaps you could contact the owner and tell them to change important parts or something

6. xeroblade
    OP

xeroblade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    Haha that would have been nice to know

7. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    inded. id suggest sharing http://3ds.guide/ as much as possible as to make it mainstream ^-^

BL4Z3D247 likes this.
  8. annson24

annson24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2016
    That thread is cancer to the temp, and the OP is spreading it by going in each and every other thread and linking his. Of you end up bricking your 3ds to the point where the only thing left for you is a hardmod. And the otp.bin is the only thing you backed up, you'll be screwed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. xeroblade
    OP

xeroblade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    Well my 3ds is fine, it's not bricked I just don't have any of the files that were used to install the cfw. I just can't use a fresh SD to install cia files via fbi which is already installed on my 3ds?

10. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    id recommend using 3ds.guide and going through the process again to get all the files you need (files9 folder, otp.bin, nandmin.bin)

11. xeroblade
    OP

xeroblade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    Doing the hack again won't mess anything up? If so I guess that's best way to go about it.

12. annson24

annson24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2016
    Okay, assuming you finished installing a9lh and you're already on sys 11.2.0-35. Go to https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax and just skip Sections II, IV, and V. But you should really consider making a nand backup and keeping it safe after all these.

13. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    as he says. but. he needs otp.bin and files9 and nandmin.bin folder for some things so id recommend going through the guide again

14. xeroblade
    OP

xeroblade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    I was just going to say going through and installing arm9loader again would result in a brick correct? thats why he are telling me to skip that? Also going through the guide agian, there isnt any other steps i need to skip? Thanks for all the help.

15. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    all you need is safea9lh installer and hourglass9 backup sections. youll also require otp.bin in /files9 so if you dont have it go through the entire process again

16. xeroblade
    OP

xeroblade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    So I started from scratch using the "real" guide, after installing fasthax and then running safehax the screen goes black and doesnt boot into decrypt9. I power down, turn it back, run homebrew launcher and try to run safehax and it gives me "PM INIT FAILED". Any ideas?

17. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    you have to have a gamecard inserted when booting decrypt9

insert a gamecard and try again make sure to run safehax again its a trial and error thing

18. xeroblade
    OP

xeroblade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    I do and I still get that same error. Do I even need to do this if I have the otp.bin file? its the only thing that I saved?

19. MarioMasta64

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    if you have otp.bin you can use safea9lh installer

20. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    its actually not a bad guide if you know what the hell you're doing. I followed it with my new 3ds and it worked just fine. just because 3ds.guide is the go to place, that doesnt mean other guides won't work. all you do is back up 11.2, do the ctr transfer and grab your otp and continue like normal. seems like people here just have issues reading every step no matter what the guide is.