Hacking SD Card Channels

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
I know that now with the new firmware that you can store your channels on an SD Card. Im not asking where (cause I know of the rules) but is it possible to download the channels of the net, store them on your SD card and run them of the SD card without using the homebrew channel?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any channel that you can install in a WAD Manager will function exactly like a official channel, and can be moved onto the SD card and whatnot. The WAD Manager is only required for the first installation.

Note that you can't just move the channels onto your card and begin using them without the Homebrew Channel, because the WAD Manager must install the tickets as well as the content.

The post above mine mentions Triiforce; Triiforce is a NAND emulation channel manager, which lets you create another NAND on your external drive/SD card and install channels there. I see this as an unnecessary extra step, and unless you're really strapped for space it won't answer your question.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition to the above poster..

-You can move files from NAND to SD (and vice-versa) via the Disc Management section in Wii Settings.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
Note that you can't just move the channels onto your card and begin using them without the Homebrew Channel, because the WAD Manager must install the tickets as well as the content.
That's not the important thing, important is the encryption. If you'd just need the ticket and so on you yould just put the games to your card on one Wii and use them on another Wii, but this doesn't work because of the encryption with the Wii's private key.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Szalkow @ Sep 23 2009, 05:33 PM) Note that you can't just move the channels onto your card and begin using them without the Homebrew Channel, because the WAD Manager must install the tickets as well as the content.
That's not the important thing, important is the encryption. If you'd just need the ticket and so on you yould just put the games to your card on one Wii and use them on another Wii, but this doesn't work because of the encryption with the Wii's private key.

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK sweet, thanks guys/gals
Have been looking at the homebrew channel for a while now and was just wondering if there was an alternate method which required you to not install anything, I doubted it but it was worth the ask. Will definetly get HBC tomorrow or something

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After updating, he needs to patch IOS60 with the trucha bug...otherwise downloaded wads will NOT run from the SD menu. He can patch IOS60 using DOP-IOS, assuming he has cIOS installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.