SD Card Channels

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Blastoise, Sep 23, 2009.

Sep 23, 2009

SD Card Channels by Blastoise at 11:50 AM (1,032 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Blastoise
    OP

Member Blastoise GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hi
    I know that now with the new firmware that you can store your channels on an SD Card. Im not asking where (cause I know of the rules) but is it possible to download the channels of the net, store them on your SD card and run them of the SD card without using the homebrew channel?

2. deceptica

Newcomer deceptica Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  3. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Any channel that you can install in a WAD Manager will function exactly like a official channel, and can be moved onto the SD card and whatnot. The WAD Manager is only required for the first installation.

Note that you can't just move the channels onto your card and begin using them without the Homebrew Channel, because the WAD Manager must install the tickets as well as the content.

The post above mine mentions Triiforce; Triiforce is a NAND emulation channel manager, which lets you create another NAND on your external drive/SD card and install channels there. I see this as an unnecessary extra step, and unless you're really strapped for space it won't answer your question.

4. KiiNG

Member KiiNG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    In addition to the above poster..

-You can move files from NAND to SD (and vice-versa) via the Disc Management section in Wii Settings.

5. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    why do people want to get rid of HBC?

its the cornerstone of wii hacking!

6. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That's not the important thing, important is the encryption. If you'd just need the ticket and so on you yould just put the games to your card on one Wii and use them on another Wii, but this doesn't work because of the encryption with the Wii's private key.

7. Blastoise
    OP

Member Blastoise GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    OK sweet, thanks guys/gals
    Have been looking at the homebrew channel for a while now and was just wondering if there was an alternate method which required you to not install anything, I doubted it but it was worth the ask. Will definetly get HBC tomorrow or something

8. mattjd

Member mattjd GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Simple just update! It is safe and has no disadvantage it actually has an advantage over 3.X

9. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    After updating, he needs to patch IOS60 with the trucha bug...otherwise downloaded wads will NOT run from the SD menu. He can patch IOS60 using DOP-IOS, assuming he has cIOS installed.