SD card cannot be used when trying to use Letterbomb

ironhack25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried several SD cards (I found one was bad, showing a capacity of only 249MB) trying to install Letterbomb on my Wii, and the Wii returns an error that the SD card cannot be used with this console. I have tried even "full" formatting them, and still have the same issue. Each SD card is under 32GB formatted to FAT32, and I know they are good because they read and write files just fine, and are detected in other devices. What am I doing wrong? The console is still recognizing the card, so I doubt the card slot is bad?

DrPickles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you updated past 4.0 to enable large SD support? If not, or if your system is really corrupted, you may need to find a smaller card. I keep a 4Gig SD around as an emergency card for my Wii, try getting something under 16G

ironhack25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you updated past 4.0 to enable large SD support? If not, or if your system is really corrupted, you may need to find a smaller card. I keep a 4Gig SD around as an emergency card for my Wii, try getting something under 16G
I am on 4.3. I have a 32 and an 8GB right now, the 16GB was the one that was bad. The 8GB had the same issue. The system seems to work fine otherwise.

ironhack25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Letterbomb only works on 4.3 so presumably OP is on 4.3.

I suggest using str2hax instead. This will allow u to install the hbc and use a fat32 formatted hdd for everything else (works with everything except installing bootmii and making a nand backup)
I'll have to do my research on that method. I'm assuming by HDD you mean using the USB port?

ironhack25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little bit of progress has been made. I formatted using SD Card Formatter and tried again. The Wii detects the SD card with no errors, but the "message" for Letterbomb never pops up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte