SD Card and WAD help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by toh_yxes, Jun 15, 2009.

1. toh_yxes
    OP

toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2009
    Ok, I just installed Homebrew Channel through bannerbomb, everything works fine except for installing the WADs but i will get to that later. My mom's boyfriend is getting pissed because he had just bought more Wii shop points, before I told him about this thing. So he said he would just download them onto the SD after I bannerbombed my Wii. But for some reason, when the SD card menu nearly finishes loading, it freezes and I have to unplug my Wii and plug it back in. Is this because of the Homebrew Channel being on it? or some other reason? Help. Also, how do I use WAD Manager through Homebrew Channel, and I tried installing one and it came up with error. So please, I will be killed by horrible disfiguration physically if I don't get this working. SO PLEASE HELP!

2. Empyr69er

Empyr69er GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    first question:

what exactly did your mom's boyfriend 'download' onto the SD card?

second question:

are you using the app Wad Manager 1.3/1.4 in the Homebrew channel?

third question:

do you have a folder called 'wad' on the root of your SD card with wads in there?

answer all three and maybe i can help you out..

3. toh_yxes
    OP

toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2009
    1st answer - A Wiiware called cocoto the platform jumper, but he downloaded it after I installed the Homebrew Channel

2nd answer - I believe its Wad Manager 1.3, but im not sure.

3rd answer - Yes, I have a folder called WAD, and I had one wad in there to check out Wad Manager and it was My Pokemon Ranch.

4. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    If you still have the BannerBomb stuff on the SD Card then take it off before you manage saves and channels.

5. toh_yxes
    OP

toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2009
    k il see i I still have bannerbomb on there then

6. toh_yxes
    OP

toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2009
    nope, i actually used a different SD card to install bannerbomb and homebrew channel because my other SD card kept freezing but after I installed Homebrew Channel my WIi SD card began working again, so i put all the folders like app and wap on that instead of the other card. Could this be my problem?