SD boot GC/WII

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pro2oman, May 30, 2010.

May 30, 2010

SD boot GC/WII by pro2oman at 6:08 AM (4,424 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. pro2oman
    OP

Member pro2oman GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    We'll i started wanting to play same gc games but as both my gc and wii dvd drive seem to be dead or near to it.. i looked around and found this sdboot. I got the parts made my "homemade sd-gecko", dug up my old max drive pro and got sd boot working on my cube.
    but i cant seem to get it to load on the wii. The dol loads but the controller seems not to work, thinking that it could be wii not going to gc mode but don't know how to go about setting it up.
    so has anyone got SD boot to run on there wii via HBC? or any other way that would not require the dvd drive?

as a side note if anyone try Zelda ww on sd boot 0.4 b8 .. do you get sound during the intro video (the one when you start a new game) or during a boss fight?

Thanks
    Pro2oman

2. elricorico

Newcomer elricorico Member

Canada
    I had some issues getting SD Boot to work as well, until I started using this:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Homebrew_Launcher

You need a folder named "GAMECUBE" in the root of your sd card then put your SD Boot folder in there.

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    On Wii, you need a compatible cMIOS to launch gamcube homebrew, this one for example:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=228430

And then you need a wii app that tells the cMIOS which gamecube homebrew to load. The GC homebrew booter on WiiBrew should do it, but i haven't tested it.

4. pro2oman
    OP

Member pro2oman GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Thanks for the replay, i tried both suggestions..

Wii_Homebrew_Launcher just seams to load to a black screen...(I still have to play around with it to see if I can get it to load)

And I installed your cmios wiipower and the tried using the GC hombrew launcher from wiibrew and I get an error that "start.dol" can not be booted.. I tried its included mios patcher but that just fails to load from the hbc ."not a valid wii app".
    would it be the loader app at fault and if so any alternative?

Pro2oman

EDIT:
    After playing around with wii hombrew launcher i still cant get it to start up, the boot.dol loads to black screen, boot.elf fails to load and the wad channel boots to black screen,,,,

so still in the dark with getting the gc home brew to load properly on the wii.....

Edit 2:
    got gc home brew loader to work.. there was a bug in the latest version so i used a older on and was able to load sd boot.... but to bad it still cant use it as it sames to need the dvd drive and my in completely dead...
    o well that's whats the old GC is for
    Thanks again for the help

****still wondering about Zelda WW and the audio problem.. but may be it'll be fixed in the next version of sd boot