Homebrew SCUMMVM Wii?

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes usb hard drives work fine with scummvm (which is great as games like Curse of Monkey Island and Full Throttle weigh in around 500mb).

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
any clues as to how to set it up? I am curently using a hsb drive with the first partition used by the backup loader in that funky format, and the second partition is fat32. the only thing i can see in the scummvm menu is the ds card.

(yes im a complete wii homebrew n00b, I only installed homebrew channel yesterday).

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I think, first partition needs to be FAT32, use your second partition for WBFS (usb backup loader format).

Both MUST be primary partitions
smile.gif

At least, thats how I have it set up, and most apps recognise the HDD (HBC, wadmanager etc).
Haven't tested scummVM with it though.

p.s. congrats on opening up to wii homebrew
biggrin.gif

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
DjoeN said:
So, ScummVM uses FAT32?

Cause my whole 60gig hdd is wbfs

Apart from usb loaders all homebrew would require fat32 for it to be read off you usb hd (scuummvm, snes, vba, fce, wiiengine, freespace 2 etc etc).

Just re-partition you drive.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I think so...

Well you still have 2 options.

If both partitions are of a similar size, then you could just use WBFS manager (one that supports HDD to HDD copy/clone) to

1. Format your other (2nd) partition to WBFS
2. Copy over the games from 1st WBFS partition to 2nd WBFS partition
3. Format first partition to FAT32.

OR, if that's not feasible, if you have enough space on another HDD, use WBFS manager to backup all your games from the WBFS hard-drive, format it how you like and then readd them.

If you used the USB loader to backup games on the wii side, you will notice that it is much faster transferring the iso dumps from your PC.

I think, it could be faster than redoing it all from scratch....

MrTea: I don't know if there is any applications that can resize wbfs partitions.......

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
partitioning is good though... because then you don't need to swap devices... and u can keep your other HDD.

It will be worth it over laziness in the long run lol!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
OSW said:
Yes I think so...

Well you still have 2 options.

If both partitions are of a similar size, then you could just use WBFS manager (one that supports HDD to HDD copy/clone) to

1. Format your other (2nd) partition to WBFS
2. Copy over the games from 1st WBFS partition to 2nd WBFS partition
3. Format first partition to FAT32.

OR, if that's not feasible, if you have enough space on another HDD, use WBFS manager to backup all your games from the WBFS hard-drive, format it how you like and then readd them.

If you used the USB loader to backup games on the wii side, you will notice that it is much faster transferring the iso dumps from your PC.

I think, it could be faster than redoing it all from scratch....

MrTea: I don't know if there is any applications that can resize wbfs partitions.......

Too late, already formatted and repartitioned. I'll just backup my games again when i get time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he?