ScummVM is compatible with an immense range of titles

ital

OP
Trophies
XP
https://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/

Look at that. There are pages and pages of classic titles ranging from Good to Excellent in terms of compatibility. This translation layer sure has come on in leaps and bounds since the Monkey Island only days as there are tons of games there. The place filled with Romantic CDs recently mentioned some obscure stuff and it got my interest.

Anyone tried em on the Vita to see how they go? That Others section has titles I've never heard of before. Wish this version of MI had been ported to the Vita:

But apparently you can mod the first two titles with the talkie/soundtrack which is quite cool:

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ScummVM is amazing, but outside of PC (Win, OSX, Linux) is usually a hit or miss regarding the compatibility. DS, for example, is upstreamed and supposedly compatible with tons of engines, but in reality most of them are not really supported. Documentation is usually outdated and barely helpful.

Reactions: ital

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@ital Give it a try. If it works like on the New 3DS, its not that bad. Actually, i played a few titles and all worked fine. I was kinda suprising how well it run Blade Runner (the 3DS, even the New model isn't a powerful device, so that's was a nice suprise). I also played: Curse of Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Gabriel Knight: Sins of The Fathers, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Beneath a Steel Sky. And i just started Nightlong.

Last edited by NanashiFinal13,

RaniaAl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes,I have and its awesome.The controller combination on Vita Sticks/Buttons/Touchscreen make these mousedependent games excellent playable.Nearly all games runs great so you can play games never released on consoles like Lands of Lore,Might and Magic 4 and 5,Eye of the Beholder 2 even these Cinematic Adventures like Urban Runner or Gabrial Knight 2.With an older update Ultima 8,but sadly for this one the power on Vita was not enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended