SCUMM DS question

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Stryker412, Apr 13, 2008.

Apr 13, 2008

SCUMM DS question by Stryker412 at 2:58 PM (1,708 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Stryker412
    OP

Newcomer Stryker412 Member

United States
    How can I make my own roms to work with SCUMM DS? I still have the original discs.

2. r0ni

Newcomer r0ni Member

United States
    First you'll probably have to install them on your computer, then all you will need to do is get the files specified on the scummvm site from the installation and copy them to the appropriate directory to set it up.

Say you have Day of the Tentacle cd/disks, install the game, then look for the files TENTACLE.001 TENTACLE.002 MONSTER.SOU (and if you want to play Maniac Mansion in DotT copy the "maniac" directory too).

Set up ScummVM to use those files wherever you put them and your good to go.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i first started by reading through all the documentation on the homepage: http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/
    then i read through the various posts on the forum: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewforum.php?f=...e3fb2206c93d40a

i'm sure you just want someone to tell you exactly what to do, but to be honest i dled all my game already converted for scummvm so it was just a matter of drag/dropping them to my msd and they worked. you mentioned that you have your original disks, so i'll assume you're not talking about games already set up for scummvm. that is why i recommend you read through the literature, some games (like the talkie games) require you to convert audio, etc.

it is a treat once you put in the work and get the supported games up and running. i've already played through most of loom and day of the tentacle, they play very well with full working speach!

goodluck and have fun,
    -another world