Scrolling Signatures

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have noticed recently that a lot of people have avatars taking over the 150 pixel height (and sometimes the 500 pixel width, but not really a problem) limit. As far as I was aware, this is against the rules, so either my browser has had some setting messed up, the mods have become lazier ( :P) at moderating this rule, or people are just not paying attention to it.

I only noticed this because it's extremely annoying scrolling down a page (with the mouse wheel) then ending up over a tall signature which 'stops' you from scrolling for a while.

Could I request that this rule to be enforced more than it is currently and to inform people that there IS actually a limit (as they obviously didn't read the rules upon registration).

Thanks,
Wizzerzak.

edit: just re-read it and it sounds a little harsh, it's just this really irritates me.

Reactions: 6 people

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
WYG2e.png
Wizzerzak, if you really wanted people to abide by the rules, you'd only have one image in your sig :wink:

Reactions: 1 person

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I actually have it set to disable all signatures, just cause usually they are usually either annoying or...annoying. Too big or just obnoxious, I can't stand them. (mostly)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh lol im dumb. If i maximize my window it goes away lol

Ok so i usually dont use gbatemp as a full screen window. So nevermind, but i still think its annoying to have to scroll through someones sig. Even yours.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I've removed that image (I didn't need it anymore anyway). Now back on topic: can this rule please be enforced? At least for signatures that scroll in full screen?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Ok so i usually dont use gbatemp as a full screen window. So nevermind, but i still think its annoying to have to scroll through someones sig. Even yours.
yeah. but i've got myself used to move the cursor by the avatar area or to the far left when scrolling the temp.
but yeah, it used to be annoying.

wait my sig?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I suggest the scroll ability be removed (via styling that area), for two reasons.

1 - People who use overly large signatures will now have them cut off without the ability to view the rest, encouraging them to abide by the limit to make things visible.

2 - It won't make pages stop mid-way through a scroll anymore if it won't scroll at all.

Win-win?

Reactions: 10 people

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yeah. but i've got myself used to move the cursor by the avatar area or to the far left when scrolling the temp.
but yeah, it used to be annoying.

wait my sig?

no no not you, i dont even see you having a sig.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: