Hacking Screwed up with patched twl_firm on n3ds rx-e 10.7.

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello temp fellas. I respect your time, so straight to the point.
I have EU N3DS XL 9.2 sys 10.7 emu rxtools beta2 (the first one that supports 9.6+ FW's). And yesterday I sadly found out that my R4ISDHC Dual Core won't boot anymore.
As far as I've learned, this is normal for N3DS with new rxtools, and my 2DS on 10.7 RX-E (2.6) boots this card just fine. Also, when booting clean sysnand 9.2 card is working great too, but booting rxtools in sysnand breaks compatibility again...
I did a basic search and found patched twl_firm.cia on "that site", that supposed to fix the issue (or am I wrong here?), installed it on emunand with FBI (had to delete original first), and... nothing. Still hang up with black screen. So i did stupid thing and install it in sysnand also. Nothing changed except for that I can't boot R4I in sysnand anymore, so I broke TWL in the end.
Any help and links would be appreciated. Can I make my card compatible with emunand? Or is it sysnand only for n3ds?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have EU N3DS XL 9.2 sys 10.7 emu rxtools beta2 (the first one that supports 9.6+ FW's). And yesterday I sadly found out that my R4ISDHC Dual Core won't boot anymore.
As far as I've learned, this is normal for N3DS with new rxtools, and my 2DS on 10.7 RX-E (2.6) boots this card just fine. Also, when booting clean sysnand 9.2 card is working great too, but booting rxtools in sysnand breaks compatibility again...
I did a basic search and found patched twl_firm.cia on "that site", that supposed to fix the issue (or am I wrong here?), installed it on emunand with FBI (had to delete original first), and... nothing. Still hang up with black screen. So i did stupid thing and install it in sysnand also. Nothing changed except for that I can't boot R4I in sysnand anymore, so I broke TWL in the end.
Any help and links would be appreciated. Can I make my card compatible with emunand? Or is it sysnand only for n3ds?
i think the patched twl is only for loading dsi ware apps in emunand. but i could be wrong.

Reactions: Dark Ronin

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
You should've used AuReiNand.

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, I've just in no mood for AuReiNand, cause I'll have to reinstall all the stuff all over again, which is ~56GB of cias.
For now, what can be done for: 1 - fix twl in sysnand, and 2 - make card compatible with rxtools? Sit tight and wait for solution from rx devs?

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well, I've just in no mood for AuReiNand, cause I'll have to reinstall all the stuff all over again, which is ~56GB of cias.
For now, what can be done for: 1 - fix twl in sysnand, and 2 - make card compatible with rxtools? Sit tight and wait for solution from rx devs?
Almost all CFW uses the same emunand. If i use RxTools and then switch to AuReiNand, my games and saves from emunand will still be there

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hmmm, that's a relief! Will give it a shot.
But the question still stands. Can I install original twl file back to sysnand and emunand? Is there any place to catch one?
Also I've noticed you earn o3ds. Won't there be any issues with n3ds?

Last edited by Dark Ronin,

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hmmm, that's a relief! Will give it a shot.
But the question still stands. Can I install original twl file back to sysnand and emunand? Is there any place to catch one?
Also I've noticed you earn o3ds. Won't there be any issues with n3ds?

You need to find a CIA of it.

According to some people, unless you installed it wrongly, there won't be any issue

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sir, you made my day! Thanks! No issues!
Also, there's two more things that I noticed. 1 - boot rate of AuReiNand is higher, and faster overall. 2 - there's no "Broken 3D" issue, which was quite annoying) And R4 is working again.
Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.