screwed up touch screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Magus, Jul 31, 2008.

Jul 31, 2008

screwed up touch screen by Magus at 6:34 PM (776 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Magus
    OP

Member Magus GBATEMP RPG MANIAC

this has been bothering me for a while... after 2 years of scratching/flicking/touching the poor touch screen it's starting to feeling the signs of old age and so the signal is somewhat shifted (like if i touch a point the signal will actual be shifted a little to the left or right depending what part of the screen i touch) so far i didn't want to address the issue because it's more annoying than a real problem (unless the game require quick & precise input i can manage) but i was wondering... if i wanted to solve it what would be the most economical solution?
    oh and before anyone ask yes i have tried recalibrating a lot of time but no it doesn't help (beside the issue only happens on certain part of the touch screen mostly the center)

2. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I returned my original DS Lite under warranty for this problem and Nintendo sent me a new one, so that would have been the most economical solution, but I guess your system is out of warranty so that doesn't help you.

Some people have suggested that this poor touchscreen detection is caused by a piece of dirt or grit getting wedged between the touchscreen and the screen bezel, so you might try cleaning that out, even take the system apart and make sure it's really clean around the touchscreen.

...word is bondage...

3. incognito54

Newcomer incognito54 Advanced Member

Portugal
    I also had that problem with my DS Lite but it was only 3 months after I bought. I sent it to repair, waited about a month and that was it.

4. Magus
    OP

Member Magus GBATEMP RPG MANIAC

well how much do you think it would cost to repair this if i talked to an electronic shop/nintendo ?

5. FlameTakuya

Member FlameTakuya GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Singapore
    Ah, yes. I had this problem with my old DS too, the middle of the touch screen was acting really weird and insensitive, even when I changed to a new screen protector. (Old one was scratched up, and no, there wasn't any dirt)