Hacking screwed up diconfig.bin

grnorris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I manged to get SNEEK+DI working with a small external flash drive (500 MB, just big enough for Wii Sports) but, when I tried to use my External TB hard drive it shows all the games (granted some have names like unknown title or something) but, when I try to load a game it says it was unable to read the disc (the disc menu that is, just like if you put an incompatible disc in or put in a disc backwards). I removed all the games from my hard drive and tried with just Wii Sports, again it failed. I then tried replacing the diconfig.bin file under USB\SNEEK\ on my 1TB with the one from the flash drive and it worked perfectly. Thus I've concluded that the problem seems to be with the diconfig.bin file.

One of the problems I've noticed as well is that my Wii seems like it's trying to go into the WiiConnect24 standby mode. It's done this with and without a SNEEK NAND. Unfortunately I don't have home internet and my system doesn't seem to remember me signing the agreement (which makes sense since I reformatted it once) so I can't try to disable WiiConnect24 the normal way (or even check it's status for that matter).

The other possibility I had considered is that my drive didn't reformat correctly (I used Paragon Tools and it's options say "choose the number of sectors per cluster" which I presumed to mean the same thing since no other formatter has asked me that before). The reason I posted this is because I did make it work with the other diconfig.bin file which means that the formatting is most likely correct (especially since when I didn't have correct formatting before it didn't even get past the health screen).

I was also hoping that maybe someone knew of a program that configures the file for you. I know the diconfig.bin handles the names of the games, apparently the locations of the games, and also which game is loaded at start.

If I don't get this resolved soon and I get the chance I'll try reformatting the drive with another program but, due to current circumstances in my life (that are of no concern to the internet community) it may be a few days before I get that chance (or even the chance the try any solutions posted here).

grnorris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OverjoY said:
Just delete the file and SNEEK will create a new one for you

I tried that but, it still created a screwed up file apparently. I think this is because it's trying to go into WiiConnect24 standby mode which I may have enabled when I had internet access.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Erase the shared2 folder from your emulated nand.. Then boot SNEEK
You'll have to do the setup again, but then you're sure that WiiConnect is turned of on your emulated nand

grnorris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night